Taller Toilet?

wildwolfproducts

Has anyone been able to get a Taller Toilet added on a new Heartland camper ordered from the factory? The standard ones are just way to low for me. My back does not like me sitting that low and then its hard to get back up. Plus both legs goes to sleep within a minute or so on these floor hugging units.:mad:
Still don't understand why theres not an option for a taller Toilet these days.
Pete

SGeohagan

Don't know what they are using, but my 2011 BH has an 18" high toilet. DH is 6'2" and has no problems getting up. It's higher than the one at home.

wildwolfproducts

Suzy Thanks for that info I'm just a touch over 6ft 1" my self. The 20" Units work great for me. After reading that, checked and found out the new standards have made them taller for disabled people. http://www.toiletabcs.com/demo-pages/ada.html So the normal height now is 17 to 19". Did not sit down on one to check it out. But will the next time I get the change.

Trace that's me 2 back surgery s over the years, both failed. I get around good, but when it comes to this issue. Its still an issue. But sounds like it may well be that were seeing changes on these issues.
If I have to will go with one of those lifted toilet seat deal's myself.

The older and fatter I get the harder it is to find comfort in everyday issues.

rick_debbie_gallant

All ya have to do is to hang a rope with a handle in it to assist you in getting up :cool:. If you get real creative put two handle in it. The top one for the TP and the bottom one for the lift assist. Heck, I may just have to patent it and makes me some money! Did I ever show you my truck pottie seat? It is basically an oval in the shape of a toilet seat with a toilet seat bolted to it. All you do is plug the thing into the 2 inch or 2.5 inch receiver. It even has arm rest and a seat belt on it just in case your pardner takes off with you still doin yer business.:cool: Oh ya it even has a magazine rack and a reading light attached. Nice thing bout this in-vent-shun of mine ya dont have to clean the toilet. Jest sayin! :eek:

wildwolfproducts

All ya have to do is to hang a rope with a handle in it to assist you in getting up :cool:. If you get real creative put two handle in it. The top one for the TP and the bottom one for the lift assist. Heck, I may just have to patent it and makes me some money! Did I ever show you my truck pottie seat? It is basically an oval in the shape of a toilet seat with a toilet seat bolted to it. All you do is plug the thing into the 2 inch or 2.5 inch receiver. It even has arm rest and a seat belt on it just in case your pardner takes off with you still doin yer business.:cool: Oh ya it even has a magazine rack and a reading light attached. Nice thing bout this in-vent-shun of mine ya dont have to clean the toilet. Jest sayin! :eek:

Thats why were going with the Landmark over the Big Horn, don't have to rough it to use the bathroom.
Pete

Pliefeld

I have a hard time with lower toilets so when he bought our BH we had the dealership build a box and set the toilet on top of it. They also carpeted it. It is the height I need and is very sturdy.