Directions from VA Beach to the Pocono's PA w/o using I95

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
We will be leaving Virginia Beach tomorrow (5/21) and are looking for the best routes to go back to the pocono in PA around Milford PA without having to use I95 around washington/baltimore boy was that a diaster way for us to come down? One way told to us was to go through Delaware and cut over to PA (which is a doable option) but if anyone knows a way to get us to I81 or a better way to get us to that part of PA and if you can give a time frame of how long it will take to get to it will also be helpful. Any suggestion would be most grateful . Thanks

scotty

We will be leaving Virginia Beach tomorrow (5/21) and are looking for the best routes to go back to the pocono in PA around Milford PA without having to use I95 around washington/baltimore boy was that a diaster way for us to come down? One way told to us was to go through Delaware and cut over to PA (which is a doable option) but if anyone knows a way to get us to I81 or a better way to get us to that part of PA and if you can give a time frame of how long it will take to get to it will also be helpful. Any suggestion would be most grateful . Thanks

I avoid DC area at all cost. Take 64 West to 81 North. You pick up 81 in Richmond.

Rrloren

I'd suggest looking at taking the Bay Bridge to R-13 in Va. continue thru De. to Rt-1 to I95 to I476 [Blue Route] to NE Extension up to Allentown. Shouldn't be too bad for traffic. Some tolls however.
Have a good trip.