Frameless windows??

wildwolfproducts

With Frameless windows, is there more or less Maintenance then with framed windows? Just from seeing them on a camper can't see if you have to re-caulk them or not?
Also we looked at a Bighorn 3010RE Yesterday, it still has the frame windows. We were looking for a shorter camper. But it was just not even close to the Key Largo.
Pete

jbeletti

I'd say less maintenance. As I understand it the frameless-style windows have a seal inside the outer frame and that seals it up against the outside of the coach. So no caulking - if I understand correctly.

Jim

lthrnk

Definitely less maintenance. The only thing that really needs to be done on the frameless window is to treat the gaskets that they close on. If you wipe them down with 303 Protectant you will greatly add to their flexibility, as well as keeping them from sticking to the glass. Makes them easier to open, and saves the opening mechanisim.

lthrnk

303 Protectant is available at most RV and boating suppliers, as well as some WalMarts, etc.. Unlike ArmorAll, it is UV resistant, and will not, overtime, cause any damage to paint, rubber, vinyl, etc.. I have used it for years on any rubber gaskets as well as tires, after cleaning. Holds up well, and looks great.