Roaches !!!!

caokgafamily

We own a 07 3400rl, we go camping 1 or 2 times monthly. When we get home, I clean everything and park it on our property. It might sit maybe max 3 weeks,then we are gone again. The 3400 sits underneath some hard woods, it also is parked on a gravel pad. I have found a couple of roaches in the 3400, we had the same problem with our cardinal. Does anybody have any ideas? obviously, bug bombs, spray etc. I want NO roaches. The wife wont move to Montana.:)

SmokeyBare

Copied this from RV Net... Do a search

Boric acid powder- you can usually find it in squeeze bottles at the dollar stores- works great. We used it in our house in Houston-if the big roaches got in they died shortly after.

Diatomaceous earth, will do them in, also any other bugs that crawl, I used it to get rid of dog fleas. It's a non poisonous powder, and works by destroying their shell, so it takes a few days. I got mine at a farm supply store, but they also sell it on the puter.

Good Luck... Marv

caokgafamily

I wonder if the are coming out of the trees,falling on the roof. Easy access for them to enter vents etc. I guess if you were to spray for roaches you would have to spray the whole camper?

jpmorgan37

Sprinkle the diatomaceous earth around the tires and front and rear jacks. It seems to stop most bugs including roaches and ants. Lots of people use it at the park where we winter in Texas because of the fire ants. We also spray the hoses and cords with bug spray and it seems to resolve all bug issues.

John

Uncle Rog

Depending where we are I use comet cleanser around the tires and landing gear, seems to slow them bugs down a little.......

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

I know this will not make the bugs go away, but from living in Fl. for forty years I have found that some roaches will come in by way of grocery bags, your pants anything they can cling to. The boric acid seemed to work best for us.