Modifications to date

crennpage

I purchased my MPG 183 last January and finally got around to making modifications to it over the course of the last month. I was surprised to find that installing/making many of the modifications was almost as much fun as taking the MPG out camping!

Added 7 LED lights. Put one LED in each of the main dual light fixtures, plus one each over the two single light fixtures over the dinette. When I dry camp I’ll use only the LEDs, when tied to shore power I can have additional lighting by turning on both lights in each dual fixture.

Installed a digital voltage battery monitor (pigtailed off the standard black/gray/fresh/battery monitor).

Changed out all the storage door locks to something other than the ubiquitous 721 key.

Made a stove top cover for extra counter space. Got the idea from one of the R-Pod forums.

Added a paper towel holder for the kitchen.

Installed a 12 volt power receptacle for the kitchen. A great idea I got from Mike (quine9).

Added hooks (for clothes/towels) to the inside bathroom door and to the pantry wall and dinette area.

Installed a battery cut off switch.

Added a shelf to the entertainment center area under the radio/dvd player.

Added two 6 volt golf cart AGM batteries.

Added an inverter (primarily to watch TV from battery power).

Installed a 120 watt solar panel on top of my towing vehicle. With 25 feet of 10 AWG power lines I hope to be able to park the TV in the sun while the MPG stays mostly in the shade. We’ll see how that works.

Craig

quine9

I thought I might add this since it was added later. I think I enhance the sink cover by adding a plastic cutting board to the bottom. It also holds the sink cover in place while traveling.

IMG_2191.jpgIMG_2192.jpgIMG_2193.jpg

crennpage

Nice idea with the cutting board Mike. Looks good too! Since I made a stove top cover/cutting board I discarded the cutting board that came with the MPG (besides, I put the new stove top cover over the sink when I'm using the stove). On another note, I've checked out all the connections from the Winegard unidirectional antenna to the TV and all looks to be in order. I'm really thinking now that I should replace the Winegard with the Jack antenna like you did. Have you noticed a considerable difference in the reception you're getting with the Jack antenna versus the Winegard?

quine9

Absolutely, with the jack antenna since it is a digital either you get a good signal or none. The range is also incredible. With the old Omni antenna I could only pull in hispanic stations.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Nice idea with the cutting board Mike. Looks good too! Since I made a stove top cover/cutting board I discarded the cutting board that came with the MPG (besides, I put the new stove top cover over the sink when I'm using the stove). On another note, I've checked out all the connections from the Winegard unidirectional antenna to the TV and all looks to be in order. I'm really thinking now that I should replace the Winegard with the Jack antenna like you did. Have you noticed a considerable difference in the reception you're getting with the Jack antenna versus the Winegard?

I had problems pulling in stations with my antenna teck antenna until I discovered that the cable and antenna cables were not connected to the correct inputs on the amplifier. After I connected to the correct inputs was able to pull in all kinds of stations from quite the distance.