cable connection in the back.

blilesrn

Hello,
Anyone out there have any idea why I can not receive a cable signal through the cable port in the back of our 2012 Heartland Prowler. We have the double bunks in the back. The kids hooked up their tv to the port,,, but could not get a connection. It was playing fine up front. I tried everything I could,,,, but could not get the cable to come on their tv. It there a switch or something I am missing.Thanks for your help.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You should have an amplifier somewhere in your coach. Most likely in the bedroom. It will have a little red button and a red LED.
This must be off to view cable channels and on for over the air signal from your antenna.
You might also want to check the input mode on the TV. It should be set to 'cable' is using the cable signal.
Also check the coax connectors at all points, including removing the wall plug and checking the back side of that.
Remove the connectors and look for any little strand of shielding wire that may be touching the center wire. Then be sure they are all tight when you re install them.

Peace
Dave

lorax

Something to check. My 2011 Prowler has a SAT and a Cable circuit. Both must be connected to there respective port outside and inside.

Miller0758

do you have reception when you use the antenna? did you use the same coax cable to connect your TV as you used in the front? I had the same issue in our rig and found that the cable feeding the rear bunk was never connected at the splitter. In my unit I found the splitter under the steps leading to the master bedroom. Heartland should have a wiring diagram for you to look at. Good luck

blilesrn

do you have reception when you use the antenna? did you use the same coax cable to connect your TV as you used in the front? I had the same issue in our rig and found that the cable feeding the rear bunk was never connected at the splitter. In my unit I found the splitter under the steps leading to the master bedroom. Heartland should have a wiring diagram for you to look at. Good luck

Is the splitter in the box? I will look around and see if I can find it. Thanks.

blilesrn

Hello,
Anyone out there have any idea why I can not receive a cable signal through the cable port in the back of our 2012 Heartland Prowler. We have the double bunks in the back. The kids hooked up their tv to the port,,, but could not get a connection. It was playing fine up front. I tried everything I could,,,, but could not get the cable to come on their tv. It there a switch or something I am missing.Thanks for your help.

I recently found out the problem with the tv in the back of our TT not being able to pick up cable connection. Outside of the TT ,,,, there are 2 ports. One is labeled cable,,, the other is labeled satellite. The connection port that is labeled satellite is the one that runs to the rear of TT (bunkroom). The cable connection port runs to the front of TT. So,
you will need a spliter,,,, and 2 cables running to to TT to get cable to both TV's in the trailer to work at the same time.

1231ChaseB

Two idea's ! Make sure your TV is set to cable instead of air ! You might have to push the little button to turn OFF the TV amplifier !
chaseb