Mods to our 32BUDS

CliffP

Not as much of a mod as a correction:

2012-04-01 12.33.40.jpg

Our Touch Audio stereo from the factory with the antenna cable still coiled (unable to pull in radio stations), video out (yellow) from the stereo to video in on the tv (correct), and audio in (red and white) to audio in on the tv(incorrect). I think the factory stereo in the 1977 Chevy truck I used to have sounded better. This will be replaced in the future as money allows.

2012-05-21 20.38.22.jpg 2012-05-21 20.36.48.jpg 2012-05-21 20.37.58.jpg 2012-05-21 20.54.09.jpg

Drilled a hole in the cabinet above the tv. Fished the antenna up the side wall past the bedroom light switch and into the cabinet above the tv. Tacked it up out of site.

2012-05-21 20.49.47.jpg

No audio out jacks on the tv so ran audio in from the stereo to the headphone jack on the tv. This was the only way to run the tv through the stereo.

Attachments

• 2012-05-21 20.37.58.jpg
    2012-05-21 20.37.58.jpg
    356 KB · Views: 78
  • 2012-05-21 20.54.09.jpg
    2012-05-21 20.54.09.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

RuralPastor

Re: Mods to our 32BUDS added paper towel holders

Looks great! After reading about your antenna still being coiled up I probably should check mine. What is the antenna whip on the roof for? AM radio? Mark

CliffP

Looks great! After reading about your antenna still being coiled up I probably should check mine. What is the antenna whip on the roof for? AM radio? Mark

Mark,
That antenna whip on the roof should be for AM and FM. Our North Trail didn't have a whip antenna on the roof, just the tv antenna. The only radio antenna we had was the one that was coiled. Do you have the touch audio or an automobile style radio. Its tough to get an automotive style antenna to work without having that connection on your stereo. (maybe someone else has a different way to do it). I've done it using a screw on RG59 coax connector and a balun that converts a two wire type tv antenna to coax type connector. If your set up uses two wires off the stereo one of these and the RG59 connector should work for you. Cliff

2012-05-22 19.51.50.jpg

CliffP

Cliff, do I also see a holder for the box of gloves? Where did you get it?

Erika

I've had that holder in my garage for a while now. Here's a link to one place that has them. Its nice to have a holder to keep them in place.

Cliff

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders

Mark,
That antenna whip on the roof should be for AM and FM. Our North Trail didn't have a whip antenna on the roof, just the tv antenna. The only radio antenna we had was the one that was coiled. Do you have the touch audio or an automobile style radio. Its tough to get an automotive style antenna to work without having that connection on your stereo. (maybe someone else has a different way to do it). I've done it using a screw on RG59 coax connector and a balun that converts a two wire type tv antenna to coax type connector. If your set up uses two wires off the stereo one of these and the RG59 connector should work for you. Cliff

View attachment 19411

It looks like the coiled up antenna wire actually has an automotive type connector on it. The manuals for the Touch audio 300i 400i and Jensen 9x0 series of radios all appear to have the same motorola (automotive-style) antenna connector. You could mount a whip on the top of your NT and run a coax cable to your radio. You would not need the balun then.

RuralPastor

Mark,

View attachment 19411
I'm gonna check to see if the radio works. The antennae is a short black whip. I'm guessing it's hooked up. Funny. We have the Touch Audio system mounted in the wall below the TV. Thanks for the info. Mark