Fireplace Experience

GregH

Lyn and I are making final option selections for the Mount Rushmore. Anybody care to share their feelings about the fireplace? I heard it is a 60 watt bulb with a 1500 watt heater blower. Sounds like a lighted hair dryer! Is the fire realistic looking or cheesey?

J

Jeff

Fireplace!

Hi Lyn and Greg:

We have the fireplace in our Golden Gate.

While some folks think it is a wasted option, my Wife loves it. It doesn't produce alot of heat, you're take on the Hair Dryer theory is correct. But, the Fireplace effect and it is adjustable, is pretty cool looking. By adjustable I mean you can make the Flame go faster or slower to fit the mood of the room.

Personally, I wanted an extra cabinet there, but my Wife is always right and we got the fireplace.

Really it is pretty neat! Ads to the room when you turn the lights out at night.

Hope this helps.

Take Care.

Jeff

Cheryl

We have the fireplace too. It doesn't give out a lot of heat, but it is very pretty. I don't think it looks fake or cheesy at all.

GregH

Jeff and Nelson & Cheryl,

Thanks for your feedback. This forum is great for finding out how others feel about some of the options. We are heading to the Heartland dealer in a few minutes to see if we can agree on price and then place an order.