Summer Vacation 2007 - West Texas

Liesl_s

Since we are about to head out on vacation I just thought I'd share our plans. We leave on Sat, July 14 and will be heading to Balmorhea State Park. Tommy and I will be going with our grown daughter and her boyfriend, along with our sister, her husband and their two children, plus Tommy's dad and step-mom, each in their own campers. I'm hoping my mom and dad can join us for the second week of the trip in their motorhome.

I saw some pictures on this site with the snorkeling/scuba diving in the desert at Balmorhea and we can hardly wait! After spending a week there, we will head back east some to a campground called Ledgewater. It is located about an hour and a half north of Uvalde, just south of Rock Springs (near Devil's Sinkhole). This is an amazing and beautiful campground and we can't wait to go back (spent last year's vacation there). That's where we get to pull out the "toys" and have a ball on all the ATVs. Woo Hoo! We've been on an extended 4th of July trip to Lake Livingston for 2 weeks and are headed home tonight to start getting the Cyclone ready for the big vacation.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Have a safe trip and keep the rubber side down. Except of course when you're catching sme air on the quads.

West Texas vacation

Thanks Liesl and Tommy for your comments on your vacation to West Texas. We will be 20 miles away from Rocksprings in August and will have to check out the park you mentioned. We, too have just bought a new 08 Cyclone and plan on doing some camping and riding. The snorkeling sounds like a great idea too. Please do let us know how it all went and maybe some pics when you get back. We pick up the Cyclone this weekend for it's maiden voyage to Cedar Hill State Park in between Dallas and Ft Worth. It's beautiful country if you're ever up this way, check it out.