Missing messages

RanCarr

Why were my messages removed telling people I cannot reply to private messages because I can't find the place to make a change needed to reply?

I get this error: "You have turned off private messages. You may not send private messages until you turn them on by editing your options." I have NOT turned off private messages as I don't even know where to find the choice to turn them on. :mad: I have no idea where these 'options' are to be found.

JJOren

Hi Ran:

Something you might want to check....

1. Click on "Settings" in the upper right corner of the page.
2. When you get to the settings page, look on the LEFT side of the page and click on "General Settings".

About half way down you will find a button to turn private messages off or on. If it's turned off you can turn it on there. Hope this helps.

jjriker

This message was left on your other thread about not being able to private message.

RanCarr,

Based on your thread title, I turned off your PMs. When someone clicks your username, emailing you is still an option there. Email is so much easier anyway. I have my own PMs turned off as its too hard to respond to them via my phone.

If you wish to have your PMs turned back on, you may do so in your Profile, or email a moderator or me and we can turn it back on.​

Jim Beletti
Director of Owner Interests
Heartland RVs

Jim, Nancy, Ruby and Emme
2013 Heartland Landmark Key Largo
2012 Ford F450 with Classy Chassis Haul-it All Aluminum 6 Cabinet Hauler Bed
Follow me on Facebook
//heartlandowners.org/facebook/FB_25x25.gif

My PMs are turned off. Please contact me via email :eek:

RanCarr

Hi Ran:

Something you might want to check....

1. Click on "Settings" in the upper right corner of the page.
2. When you get to the settings page, look on the LEFT side of the page and click on "General Settings".

About half way down you will find a button to turn private messages off or on. If it's turned off you can turn it on there. Hope this helps.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks. That fixed it. :)

RanCarr

This message was left on your other thread about not being able to private message.

RanCarr,

Based on your thread title, I turned off your PMs. When someone clicks your username, emailing you is still an option there. Email is so much easier anyway. I have my own PMs turned off as its too hard to respond to them via my phone.​

I still got a message but was unable to reply to the person. :( Respond via phone to a PM? You lost me there. I like email myself and wish people used that instead of PM. However, I may not have the same email address since I had so much trouble with one I changed it.

If you wish to have your PMs turned back on, you may do so in your Profile, or email a moderator or me and we can turn it back on.

I found it with the help of the above poster. Thanks.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I still got a message but was unable to reply to the person. :( Respond via phone to a PM? You lost me there. I like email myself and wish people used that instead of PM. However, I may not have the same email address since I had so much trouble with one I changed it.

I found it with the help of the above poster. Thanks.
[/INDENT][/COLOR]

Mr. Beletti uses his smartphone a lot to access the forum (as do others of us) :).