ATF: North Trail - Television (TV) Mount

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I have a NT 31BDSS that I need TV mounting location information for both the TV cabinet of the front sofa area and the rear wall bunk cabinet area. The wall plate used to mount the TV is about 6 inches tall and 2 inches wide. It will use two #14 or 1/4inch screws. I plan on using 1 or 1 1/4 inch sheet metal screws. I think there may be a stud in the rear wall that I may be able to use but am concerned whether there is a designed area for a wall mount TV bracket. I am not sure where the wall plate should be installed in the TV cabinet by the front sofa. Are there good areas for this? The TV I plan on using is 22" diagonal and weighs only 7 Lbs. The wall mount is designed for this size and weight.

The mount I plan on using is a Level mount DC30DJ.
http://levelmount.com/p-37-level-mo...extends-105-fits-10-to-32-tvs-and-45-lbs.aspx

Instructions: http://levelmount.com/pdf/instructions/Instruction small LCD US 9-08 web.pdf

CliffP

If your front cabinet is like ours there should be vertical backing about 5" wide dead center in the cabinet. A stud finder will confirm this. I'm not sure on the bunkhouse wall. I would try a stud finder and or pull one of the drawers out of the cabinet (where it can't be seen) and use a tiny drill bit inside to find it . I'd also double check it above the cabinet where the bracket will be and use a stud finder or a small drill bit so it will be hidden by the mount. Good luck and please post some pics!

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I will try the stud finder in the front cabinet. I think it may be the same. Maybe slightly different layout as my TV cable and power would drop down from the cabinet above. The radio is on the right side as pictured. There is a seam about in the middle of the rear cabinet in the bunkhouse. So I think there is a good chance that there is a stud there.
NTTVcabinet.JPG

Rodbuster

Are the studs in our rvs wooden or metal... also, do they use different studs for inside walls and outside walls?

Thank you
Dick

CliffP

Are the studs in our rvs wooden or metal... also, do they use different studs for inside walls and outside walls?

Thank you
Dick

I think North Trail only uses wood studs for backing (like for a rear ladder). I haven't mounted anything to a wall that needed to have support. Most stud finders will show metal studs as well as wood. Hopefully someone from the factory will chime in. (ATF)

Cliff

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
So over the weekend I managed to get the wall plates mounted for the TV. The rear wall has a wood stud that is at least 1 inch thick and about two inches wide. The front cabinet has a wood mounting area that is at least 3 inches wide and 3/4 inch thick. both areas seem to have a tall area of at least 12 inches for the mounting area.