Where is the water pump?

mbolton

I have a 2007 Cyclone 3795 and the water pump doesn't seem to work. I usually use shore water and just recently discovered the pump doesn't even make a sound. The main fuse is fine, what now? Where is the pump itself? Is there a fuse or the like on the pump itself?

Thanks,
Mark

olcoon

On our Elk Ridge, it's right behind the UDC. I have to access it by removing the back basement wall.

MTPockets

Our Bighorn water manifold valve has to be in the position marked "normal" for the pump to work.

jnbhobe

What is the UDC?
Thanks

Universal docking center UDC is where your hookups are. Your pump is behind the wall in the basement.

ILH

I have a 2007 Cyclone 3795 and the water pump doesn't seem to work. I usually use shore water and just recently discovered the pump doesn't even make a sound. The main fuse is fine, what now? Where is the pump itself? Is there a fuse or the like on the pump itself?

Thanks,
Mark

Having only had our new Road Warrior a few weeks, I went through a steep learning curve on the Universal Docking Center - compared to our previous travel trailer setup.

When filling your tank for use later, attach the hose and place the indicator at the "tank" position.
Later, when you want to draw water from the tank, place the indicator at the "normal" position.
If you're connected to a "city" source of water (i.e., full service site), connect and put the indicator to the "city" position.

Heartland has a switch for the water pump in the UDC compartment - make sure you didn't accidentally turn it off. The purpose of the switch is to aid in the winterization process.

Hope that helps a bit.

mbolton

Thanks, I found the pump, it was behind the UDC and it had a loose wire. I don't, however, have anything that states Tank, Normal, or City. I have two plastic water pipes, with valves in each one, and Heartland sent me a pic explaining them. Thanks for the help on this one, now on to the next . . .

Is the 'basement' the black plastic cover that is bolted/screwed to the underbelly? DO I have to drop this entire 'bottom' to get to the water pump?

danemayer

Is the 'basement' the black plastic cover that is bolted/screwed to the underbelly? DO I have to drop this entire 'bottom' to get to the water pump?
Hi Billy, welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

It varies a bit on the different trailer designs, but you probably have a basement storage area, and you probably have a UDC where the water hose connects. Inside the storage area, next to the UDC, there's a removable panel. Behind it you'll find the water pump, the plumbing connections to the water heater and other things.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Billy, what year and model do you have?
Someone with the same rig may be able to tell you exactly where to look.

Peace
Dave

TXTiger

I have a 2012 Cyclone 4014. When using city water I just hook up my white hose to the city water connection in the UDC. You do not need to turn on the water pump if hooked up to city water. You only need to turn the pump on if drawing from the onboard tank, which you fill up from an opening inside the UDC next to the city water connection.

NancyK

We have a 2012 Cyclone Toy Hauler 370C and found the water pump under the kitchen sink behind a false wall. Searched high and low and this was the only way we could find to access it.

haulinem

That's interesting MTPockets. I dropped my unit off for some repairs yesterday and the water pump was on the list. When we went through the PDI I asked what "Normal" was for and the guy couldn't give me an answer other than "normal". So I'll be calling the service manager in hopes this is the fix.

danemayer

That's interesting MTPockets. I dropped my unit off for some repairs yesterday and the water pump was on the list. When we went through the PDI I asked what "Normal" was for and the guy couldn't give me an answer other than "normal". So I'll be calling the service manager in hopes this is the fix.

Here's a link to the Anderson Valve documentation which shows that "normal" is the setting when you want to use the fresh water tank as your water source. So many people have had this same question, you might think they could have marked it something more intuitive.

This and other manuals are found on this forum by selecting TOOLS/Heartland Owners Manuals at the top of the screen.