Genesis 2.0 no sound DVD

soilmovers

Can someone tell me how to get the sound to work when playing a DVD? Video is fine, just no sound on TV or surround.

Cindy

CliffP

Does your surround work when using the tv (without the DVD)? Can you get at the back to look at the connections? Make sure the stereo audio out jacks are connected to the surround audio in jacks.

soilmovers

Does your surround work when using the tv (without the DVD)? Can you get at the back to look at the connections? Make sure the stereo audio out jacks are connected to the surround audio in jacks.

no, the surround sound does not work on the tv. I can use a mirror and flashlight to see the connections but I'm not sure where they are going. Should I remove the cover on the DVD player? Also, when the TV is on, you can't listen to the radio (outside) DH likes to listen to music and I want to watch a little TV. Does not work.

CliffP

no, the surround sound does not work on the tv. I can use a mirror and flashlight to see the connections but I'm not sure where they are going. Should I remove the cover on the DVD player? Also, when the TV is on, you can't listen to the radio (outside) DH likes to listen to music and I want to watch a little TV. Does not work.

I'm not sure what connections the Genesis, your tv, or your surround system have. Can you post some pics of your system? Audio/video connections of each component would help.

Which tv do you have? If you flip through the menu on your tv it may have an option for sound output. (push menu, should lead you to an audio option, not sure from there) This is one way to disable the tv's speakers if the sound is being run through a surround system or stereo. It would have to be switch back so the sound runs through the tv's speakers. If you want the tv's sound to run throught the tvs speakers you may have to disconnect the audio out connections on the tv.

In order for the surround to work with the tv, the tv either needs to be run through the Genesis to the surround or straight to the surround. There should be audio out rca jacks on the tv that need to be run to audio in jacks on the surround.

There are really too many variables to keep going with if this then that. If you can post pics of the audio/video connections for each component I'm confident I can help you set it up so it will work the way you want it too. Otherwise I hope this gets you started in the right direction. It can take some experience to be able to set it up so everything works correctly. That's why the person who built your rv usually doesn't know how to hook the tv up to the stereo or to a surround system. They weren't hired because they know how to set up your entertainment center.

We have a touch audio stereo and a Sansui tv with no surround. Here is a link to what I had to so we could listen to the tv through the stereo (also outside speakers) and to be able to listen to a dvd through the tv without having to use the stereo's speakers.

Good luck with your system. I'm happy to help if I can.

Cliff

soilmovers

I'm not sure what connections the Genesis, your tv, or your surround system have. Can you post some pics of your system? Audio/video connections of each component would help.

Which tv do you have? If you flip through the menu on your tv it may have an option for sound output. (push menu, should lead you to an audio option, not sure from there) This is one way to disable the tv's speakers if the sound is being run through a surround system or stereo. It would have to be switch back so the sound runs through the tv's speakers. If you want the tv's sound to run throught the tvs speakers you may have to disconnect the audio out connections on the tv.

In order for the surround to work with the tv, the tv either needs to be run through the Genesis to the surround or straight to the surround. There should be audio out rca jacks on the tv that need to be run to audio in jacks on the surround.

There are really too many variables to keep going with if this then that. If you can post pics of the audio/video connections for each component I'm confident I can help you set it up so it will work the way you want it too. Otherwise I hope this gets you started in the right direction. It can take some experience to be able to set it up so everything works correctly. That's why the person who built your rv usually doesn't know how to hook the tv up to the stereo or to a surround system. They weren't hired because they know how to set up your entertainment center.

We have a touch audio stereo and a Sansui tv with no surround. Here is a link to what I had to so we could listen to the tv through the stereo (also outside speakers) and to be able to listen to a dvd through the tv without having to use the stereo's speakers.

Good luck with your system. I'm happy to help if I can.

Cliff

thanks, Cliff. I have a little time to work on this today. I appreciate your time!
cindy