Garage Bed Support

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
With the 300 lb limit on the garage beds I'm thinking I'll construct some kind of center supports for the lower bed to allow 2 adults to sleep there.
My plan is to construct 2 plywood A-Frames. I'm thinking about 18" wide with a piano hinge across the top and detachable chain across the bottom span. I'll set a 4'x4' piece of 3/8" plywood over these 'horses" then lower the bottom bunk onto this "table". The height will be equal to the point the bunk hits the stops on the HappiJac to maximize support.
When not in use, the supports will fold out flat and will easily store under a bunk mattress with the plywood.
I'm sure other Cyclone owners have tackled this issue so I'd be very grateful to hear their creative solutions and/or criticisms and suggestions for my idea!

ILH

I'm sure other Cyclone owners have tackled this issue so I'd be very grateful to hear their creative solutions and/or criticisms and suggestions for my idea!

Not just Cyclone owners - Road Warrior owners have the same issue. My 16 year old son, now over 6' and built like a football player, is approaching mid-200's. Whenever he gets onto the bunk it bounces.