Water Pump just blows air

Sandpirate69

My rig has been sitting for 5 months. I don't winterie because i'm in S. Florida. I just filled my fresh water tank with water and the pump runs. I'm getting a little bit off water and lots of air. I read a post from a week ago and someone post about getting the air out. Not sure how to do that. Someone assist. Oh, i'm about 6 hours from leaving home to go to disney. :mad:

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
If all the valves are in the right position ( should be if you don't winterize) then it sounds like you just need to get prime. Try opening a faucet in the bathroom and let the pump run until it gets prime. Good luck, let us know how it goes and have fun at Disney!

Tombstonejim

Are you sure it is not filling the hot water tank. Hook up to the city water and put water in all of the lines. Then run the pump as it pushes the water out of the lines the vacume should prime the pump.

Sandpirate69

Just want to thank you guys for the quick responses. As Invizatu said to check the winterizing lever, I had cleaned the inside of the UDC yesterday and I must have lifted the lever to "winterize". Sure enough place the lever on Normal and whala, it works like normal. Thanks for all your help.

On another note, to all who have served in the Military in one capacity or another, lets keep our brothers & sisters in our prayers, for those present & past, this Memorial Weekend.

Please remember to place your flag at half mast untill 12 noon on Monday.

Thank you,

Ivan & Family

Sandpirate69

I was able to prime the pump and it works great. Now i'm at the resort and I have water leaking somewhere in the underbelly & my toilet seal, which is brand spanking new, isn't holding water. WOW i'm glad non of these issues are life threatening. Hopefully tomorrow after we return from Magic Kingdom, I can massage the toilet ring & maybe get it to seal again. I don't have the proper tools to get the underbelly off, but maybe I can get to home depot or lowes for a socket. Well, if anyone has any suggestions, throw them my way. By the way, the leak seems to have started after I partially filled the fresh water tank.

Thanks,
Ivan

bsuds

I just had this same problem with my 2011 3250tl. I found the supply line to the pump was too long and looped about a foot above the pump. Shortened the line and now seems to be working. Lots of air bubbles though so not to sure what's causing that. I'm a total newbie to this so will keep looking.