Maybe a silly question about the Apollo convection/microwave oven

Peteandsharon

Hey guys,

This is a question for those of you who have used the Apollo convection/microwave ovens a great deal. It occurred to me that so many frozen foods these days specifically say not to cook with a microwave less than 1100 watts. Looking through my manuals I believe that I have found that the Apollo outputs in the ballpark of 1000 watts. I'm guessing that the 100 watt shortfall is inconsequential. But I thought I'd ask anyway. Has anyone used the microwave to heat up an item that specifically requests 1100 watts or greater to cook with? Did you find that the cooking times changed at all? Were there any problems at all that you noticed?

Thanks,

Pete

Peteandsharon

OK guys, now I am confused. I never payed attention before but when I open the RV microwave door there is a plate in the very front with specs on the unit. According to this plate the microwave produces 1800 watts of power. I find this hard to believe since I don't believe even my home unit cooks at that power. Do any of your units have the same rating?

Tombstonejim

Are you sure you are not confusing input power with output power. The unit probably draws 1800 watts of 120 ac power but only produces 1000 wats of microve cooking power.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Still have the paperwork for my Apollo...half-time (convection and microwave together) is 1800 watts, convection is 1600 watts and microwave is 1000 watts...

Last edited:

Peteandsharon

Ahhhh! OK that all makes much more sense. Whether the 1800 watts represents input power or whether it represents the combined output of convection plus microwave you have verified that the output power of the micro is 1000 watts. So my original assumption was correct. Thanks guys.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Ahhhh! OK that all makes much more sense. Whether the 1800 watts represents input power or whether it represents the combined output of convection plus microwave you have verified that the output power of the micro is 1000 watts. So my original assumption was correct. Thanks guys.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. We have a big Fridgidaire microwave here at home and it's output is 1000W. Cooks every frozen thing we put in it. ANY microwave is a SWAG when it comes to actual cooking times and most frozen foods have a time range. I usually go to the max. cooking time on the package unless I've experienced otherwise.

Haven't had a problem with our Apollo Half-time in the rig, either.

Found this after a short search. It might help you.

http://www.microwavecookingforone.com/Charts/Wattage.html