Leaking toilet anyone?

FoxHunt

Hey folks! My wife and I have had our new to us 183 out two (4-day) weekends in a row, and on about day 2 of the most recent weekend, we discovered a bit of water on the floor of the shower. I traced the water around the right side (facing the toilet) and to the back. I can feel dampness up at the top near where the freshwater comes in, but I can't make out where/what is leaking. If I take the toilet out, I won't have a leak to look for so I don't see where that would do me much good. Of course the MPG doesn't have a warranty because we are the second owners, so I thought I would check here first. I'm pretty handy working on cars, but RV toilets are a bird of a different color.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, tips, or experiences with a similar problem.

Best,
FoxHunt

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Re: Leaking toiler anyone?

Not sure what toilet you have , but if it's a Dometic Sealand 110 or 210, there's a vacuum breaker at the top, under the square plastic cover the water line from the flush pedal valve connects to it. Looks like there's a screw-type hose clamp there (in the diagram). Try reaching back there and tighten it. Use a mirror to get a look at where the leak may be.

CactusTwo

Our leak was from the connection at the water line to toilet, didn't leak for a long time then only once more, so I gave it a bit more of a tightening.....then I checked ALL the other similar connections at the sinks, behind the UDC to the hot water tank, black water flush, EVERYONE.....some needed a snugging up

FoxHunt

We just bought the trailer (MPG 183)-It is a 2012 model, and I have no clue what toilet is in it. The flush mechanism is on the front, and when I was looking (what I could) around the back, it appears to have the hard blue plastic water line running into the top/center/back of the toilet. I'm pretty sure it has the crimp style clamp. Can those be tightened after installation or am I better off cutting that one off and buying a crimp tool and a few clamps?

Thanks for the info, and if I was closer to the trailer right now I would gladly report the brand of the toilet. Unfortunately, all the paperwork is also inside and I am a little over an hour away at the moment. I'll try looking up the model info that was installed in that unit. I do know that it doesn't look like the ones pictured in the PDF that Johndar has posted.

FoxHunt

I will take a look at the "throne" this coming weekend to see which model it is. A few of them look really similar, not sure which we have. I appreciate the posts, hopefully I can get it figured out... I hate water leaks, especially when I don't have the time to fix them.