Am I sooo tecnologically challenged? ... i still can't get it to work fully.

MTPockets

Re: how do I access the back of the 2.0
<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->
//heartlandowners.org/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by wal_mart//heartlandowners.org/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png
Pop the vertical trim off front, 4 screws under them. Pull unit straight out.

<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->That was helpful - got it out and all connections are secure..... Still, I can't get sound from any of the four ceiling mounted speakers when watching TV.... Nor can i get the screen for the genesis setup as shown in the genesis manual. I've tried every input on the TV and every mode setting on the Genesis.... What am I missing?

Also, the clock setup instructions in the manual - the manual pics are not the same as on my 2.0 unit. The manual says Genesis 2.0 and my unit is a 2.0.... I can set the hour, but can't toggle over to the minutes, there is no 'sound' button as shown in the manual.

Radio, DVD work fine.

I'm 1200 miles from the dealer (they have never proven too helpful anyway) ..... Clues?​

2012 Big Horn 3055RL - 7000 Lb Dexter - G614 Goodyear
2 A/C - Dual panes - Genset - Yeti - Bike Rack hitch - Hi Gloss Exterior
2012 F350 SRW Crew King Ranch 4x4

//heartlandowners.org/customprofilepics/profilepic14324_2.gif

branson4020

Icantre Member
I don't think any of the Heartland rigs come with the TV wired to play through the ceiling speakers. I know I had to add a cable from the TV audio-out to the amplifier audio-in.

MTPockets

I don't think any of the Heartland rigs come with the TV wired to play through the ceiling speakers. I know I had to add a cable from the TV audio-out to the amplifier audio-in.

If true, well, that would explain it - but, I seem to recall others saying theirs do work through those speakers. Wonder why they would do that? The TV, I would think, is used more than just the Genesis.

CliffP

We have the touch audio. Here's what we had to do so our tv would play through the stereo.

Good luck!

danemayer

I seem to recall others saying theirs do work through those speakers.
There have been quite a few threads like this one where people were asking for help to get their surround sound to play the TV audio. And not just on Genesis units. I think an extra cable was always necessary.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
The only way to get your TV to Play to the ceilng speakers is to make a connection from your TV speaker out to the entertainment system. Turn your entertainment system to the input selection and you should get what the TV is playing. You can only use the celing speakers on my Bighorn is through the entertainment. My entertainment system died. Soooo...

BC

CliffP

The only way to get your TV to Play to the ceilng speakers is to make a connection from your TV speaker out to the entertainment system. Turn your entertainment system to the input selection and you should get what the TV is playing. You can only use the celing speakers on my Bighorn is through the entertainment. My entertainment system died. Soooo...

BC

Which entertainment system do you have?

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Don't have an entertainment system now.. It died.. I just put in a BlueRay DVD Player and a Hauppauge HD PVR unit.

BC

Tombstonejim

If you have a Toshiba TV you must go into the setup mode and change the video input from colorstream to video, inorder to get the correct color.

You must use the input button on the remote to switch between "cable/antenna" and the DVD player. The DVD payerwill now be labled video not colorstream.

Attachments

• input.jpg
    input.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 14
  • video.jpg
    video.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 11