28BRS - New NT owners checking in

We picked up our 28BRS last week in Ohio and pulled it back home to Alberta last week. 3,000 kms one way! The trailer tows like a dream. The tow vehicle is my "experienced" 2000 Chevy 2500 6.0 and just a basic WD hitch. We'll be living in it for the summer (me, the Mrs, and our 2 kids) while our new house is being constructed. No issues so far other than some water lines into the water heater that were not properly tightened up and dripped a bit at first.Already have some mods planned out, but nothing too crazy.First serious mod will likely be an axle flip, as there is NO WAY this new rig will get to the mountain spots we usually camp at!

jimtoo

Hi Doc_speeder,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

If you need help or ideas, just ask here on the forum. You will get lots of help.

Enjoy the forum and watching your new house being built.

Jim M

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Welcome to the Heartland Family, Jimtoo is 100% correct when he tells you there are a bunch of great people in the group. I have made some lifelong friendships and I have only been a member for almost a year. Good luck on building your house and enjoy your new trailer

APT

We love our 28BRS as well. Let us know how the axle flip goes, as this length (plus bike rack) makes for some scraping.

pegmikef

I am still wondering why the NTs are manufactured with two different axle configurations. My 26LRSS came with the springs above the axles.

APT

The shallow slides are shorter, two entry steps. The King Slide models are taller, three entry steps.

gmsnrb

We just picked up our North Trail 28BRS on 6/19/2012 and took it out for the maiden voyage this past weekend. Wow what an awesome experience it was after cramming our 2 kids and huge yellow lab into our pop-up!
I do have to call the dealership for service since the battery system does not work at all, as soon as I pull the shoreline the electrical is dead. I thought maybe it was a bad battery so I swapped it with a known good battery but it did not make a difference.

danemayer

I do have to call the dealership for service since the battery system does not work at all, as soon as I pull the shoreline the electrical is dead. I thought maybe it was a bad battery so I swapped it with a known good battery but it did not make a difference.

Hi gmsnrb, Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There are a lot of great people here who are willing to help by sharing their knowledge and experience.

If lights and other 12v systems work when plugged in, and don't work when unplugged, and using a known good, charged battery, I think that tells me 2 things: 1) your power converter is supplying 12V when plugged in, 2) 12V is not getting from your battery to the fuse box.

Somewhere near your battery, look for a terminal block where wires are attached. There may be a red rubber cover. Those are circuit breakers for some of the 12V systems and the one between the battery and fuse box may have tripped. Feel along the edge for a very small button to press to reset the breaker.

On some rigs, it looks like the attached photo.

Attachments

• circuitbreaker.jpg
    circuitbreaker.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 20

gmsnrb

danemayer - Thank you for the tip on the reset button, I did see the terminal bank but I assumed it was just lug connectors under the red boots and did not inspect them beyond that. I will look for the reset button this evening before I haul my camper back to the dealership (50 miles away). I have a good feeling this is the issue because everything works when it is plugged in, but I am definately not getting any power from the battery.