RVLock

Peteandsharon

Hey guys,

I know there have been posts in the past about the RVLock remote access locks for our rigs. Some of the posts are old so I was wondering if anyone who has had one of these for a while could comment on it. Are you happy with the product? I definitely need to replace my current lock. It takes me a minute or two each time I try to lock or unlock because the key just doesn't seem to fit well anymore. So, since I need to replace the current lock, the RVLock product looks interesting. Any pros or cons? What about the key pad? Nice to have? Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Pete

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Pete, I think the comments have been with a different product, not the RVLock that Lippert is selling now. Hopefully someone with this one : http://rvlock.com/ will respond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peteandsharon

Thanks Tony. Actually it was from one of the earlier posts (2010) that I got the link to RVLock.com. I didn't know that Lippert had any connection. I specifically went to rvlock.com and looked at their products. They have a black one, a white one and a keyless entry pad as their primary products. These are the specific products that caught my interest.

danemayer

I believe the one that is on our Landmark is the Southco EA-R03 Wireless Keypad Kit. That's the one that had water contamination and has generated many threads on the forum.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
When my Southco remote lock went out, my dealer replaced it with an automotive type remote with a jet ring fob. I gave the fob to my wife to use and programmed the garage door opener in my truck to lock and unlock the door, so it's all good!

Pizzaguy

I have the rv lock you are asking about, but not installed yet. I should have it put on today. This is now available thru Heartland's parts department. I had my dealer get this for me but it took a little extra time because parts dept. first sent out the Southco system.I will report back after using it for a day or two.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Just some info , I called Rvlock and happened to talk to the owner and asked if Lippert now owned the company. I have to say he was very nice on the phone , he said the company is owned by him and not for sale.......Kenny

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Lippert has bought the rights to RVLocks by JT Guardian and redesigned the lock. We have the lock that we bought about 4 years ago from Guardian and really like it. The neat thing about this system is that it can be transfered to other coaches which we did when we bought the 2012 BC 3650 from the '08 BC. There are 2 things about the system that might be of interest. 1- it loves batteries. We have to replace the batteries about twice a camping season but it does come with a back-up key so you are never locked out. 2- the coach has be perfectly level to work. If the bar is slightly binding cuz of the coach being off level - it just wont move it. Would we get the system again-yes.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I hope we like them, I just purchased one for an anniversary present to each other. Got the lock, the key pad and a second fob.

Pizzaguy

Just installed the rv lock. Works great. We only purchased the number keypad and not the remotes,but may invest in the remotes also. Once you program the keypad to your personal code, you have to sync the doorlock to the keypad. Once I finally found the instructions to do this it worked good. Heartland sent the parts to my dealer for me, but they need to include all the instructions. There were NO instructions at all included with the parts.

Peteandsharon

Thanks guys. I'm getting a little fired up to do this. But I'm being a little dense about how these things work together. If I pay $240 for the standard white rvlock I'm guessing I get that lock unit and a couple of remotes????? But the keypad confuses me. Can you buy the keypad without the $240 lock unit or do you need the lock unit for the keypad?

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
The keypad wasnt available when we got ours. The lock came with 1 remote & we bought a 2 nd one.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Thanks guys. I'm getting a little fired up to do this. But I'm being a little dense about how these things work together. If I pay $240 for the standard white rvlock I'm guessing I get that lock unit and a couple of remotes????? But the keypad confuses me. Can you buy the keypad without the $240 lock unit or do you need the lock unit for the keypad?

Everything I seen and could figure out was that the lock came with one remote or fob. The keypad is seperate and you can program it to open your lock so I ordered the lock, another remote and the keypad. I have keypads on my house and shops and I love them. Of course those are made by Quickset and cost $88.00 at Lowes.

Peteandsharon

Everything I seen and could figure out was that the lock came with one remote or fob. The keypad is seperate and you can program it to open your lock so I ordered the lock, another remote and the keypad. I have keypads on my house and shops and I love them. Of course those are made by Quickset and cost $88.00 at Lowes.

That was my understanding too, Rex. But when Pizzaguy said that he got the keypad without the remote, that confused me. I kinda thought the core product was the lock with one or two remotes. I figured the keypad was a nice to have on top of the core product but I didn't see how you get the keypad without the remote.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Mine will be here in a couple days. I'll give you the run down after I see everything and I'll put out some pics.

brianharrison

Ok they purchased the rights?

How Confusing. Here is Lippert's site :

http://lci1.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=117:rvlock&catid=34

And JT Guardian, the inventor/owner? Site:

http://rvlock.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Erika - my read of the sites is Lippert has the "exclusive industry rights to offer RV Lock to the RV Industry". Obviously the owner of JT Guardian knows the value of maintaining control of a growing niche segment while utilizing the marketing/distribution power of Lippert (Drew Industries).

My thoughts.

Brian

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
OK, got my lock and got it installed. Took only one phillips screwdriver to get the job done. The remote is not as precise as the ones on our vehicles. The whole thing is a little temperamental but I believe that once we get used to the whole thing it will be great. I'm posting a link to a video I made on youtube. I have some pics as well but I can't get them to load.

Hope this tells you something.

click here for the video