What brand of tire in 2008

Country

Can anyone tell me what brand of G rated tire Heartland is putting on the 08 Landmarks? Goodyear Unisteels I hope.

Thanks

jbeletti

Country,

It varies. We've seen Trail America most often, some Goodyears, I think some Freestars and maybe 1 or 2 other brands.

As an aside, by having Tredit Tire speak at the last rally in Goshen, we learned a lot about the tire industry. That learning does not make any of our tire issues go away but it went a long way to helping many of us understand why it is very difficult for a trailer manufacturer to "specify" only 1 specific tire for their units. Bottom line is, there is not enough capacity within the supply chain for Heartland to specify, for example, Goodyear G614 RST 235/85-R16 for all Landmarks that require load range G tires. I always thought it was that simple - just specify to Tredit and you always get what you want. Does not appear to be possible.

Jim

Tiny

Wheels are my problem

The alum wheels on my Landmark giving me trbl, one started leaking and I have 2 valve stems seals leaking. Any info or advice.

Country

I wonder if you could specify a specific tire when ordering from the factory (like the GY)? We plan on taking the tour soon and that will be on my list of questions. I hope they'll have answers for all ones I have so far. (It's a big list):)
This is a camper I want to be satisfied with and keep for a long while.

ChopperBill

Country, why not make a deal with your dealer to trade for Goodyears or put some on and sell yours. My Loadstars with a few thousand miles brought $50 each. I was very happy to get that.

jbeletti

Country,

I am nearly positive the factory will not promise to give you a specific brand. It is still a great and valid question to ask when you are there.

I also think ChopperBill's idea of requesting the dealer do the swap for you or even making it part of the deal with the dealer - are both good bets.

Best of luck to you. Hope Goodyears aren't constrained at the time, adding delay to your retail delivery.

Jim

jbeletti

Tiny,

Best bet is to call your dealer with the details of these leaks. He is your first step in the process of making this right by you. In the case of the leaking stems, perhaps it's a loose or bad valve core which can be fixed by any tire dealer most likely. In the case of the wheel itself having a leak, that will need to be tested somewhere. Take that lead from your dealer so there is no issue on reimbursement.

Jim