PDA

View Full Version : How do I look up a member, if I have their HOC number?

TandT
05-26-2012, 03:46 PM
Hi all, For some reason I can't open the owners club directory at the drop down on the forum home page.
I think it just started fairly recently, because I always could before. It goes to an error page. Says there is no data there.

Specifically, I saw an owners club placque and I'm trying to find out who it was.

I was wondering if something was changed recently, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks, Trace

Sorry about the misspelled title, my keyboard hiccuped.

SJH
05-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Try saving the file first to your desktop and then open it with Excel or Open Office. I just tried it and it worked fine.

cookie
05-26-2012, 04:52 PM
If you open in Excel you can then sort by 'Member Number'. If you didn't know that.
It will be easier to find that way.

Peace
Dave

TandT
05-26-2012, 05:31 PM
Thank guys. I tried saving it and it doesn't work either.

I have a one year old computer with Windows 7, but apparently I don't have Office , or Excel.

As I said, it worked for me previously, but it doesn't now. I'll have to look into getting one of those programs. Trace

danemayer
05-26-2012, 06:19 PM
If you just want to open a Word or Excel document once in a while, Open Office (http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html) might do the job for you. It's free.

SJH
05-26-2012, 06:55 PM
Thank guys. I tried saving it and it doesn't work either. I have a one year old computer with Windows 7, but apparently I don't have Office , or Excel. As I said, it worked for me previously, but it doesn't now. I'll have to look into getting one of those programs. Trace

You could always give us a range of member numbers (e.g. 1230 - 1300) and we can copy/paste a list for you and send in a PM.

TandT
05-26-2012, 07:46 PM
Thank you Dan, my computer is being hard to get along with. It said there was a flaw in that Excel link .

Steve, That will work. It is in the 1701-1725 range. Thanks, Trace

jbeletti
05-26-2012, 08:30 PM
Trace,

The file, if you do get it downloaded, is a CSV (comma separated value) file. This is fancy speak for it being a very simple text file that has each field of data separated by a comma.

If you can get it saved, then use Notepad to open the file.

Then from nearly any Windows program, Notepad likely included, do a CTRL-F. This is usually a Find command. Type the member number in the Find box and hit Enter. Viola! Maybe :)

TandT
05-26-2012, 08:42 PM
Jim,

I can't pull a current copy for some reason.

However, I searched around in my documents and I already had a copy from earlier this year.

Had it all along.........brain fade. :o

Trace

jbeletti
05-26-2012, 09:09 PM
Trace - bring your laptop into the rally hall in Gillette and I will see if I can figure it out for you.

TandT
05-27-2012, 12:30 AM
Trace - bring your laptop into the rally hall in Gillette and I will see if I can figure it out for you.

Thank you.