Bathroom Fan

CTD2005

Hello all, thank you in advance for any help. I am the proud new owner of my first 5th wheel, 2009 Sundance XLT 287RL. I have a cracked cover on the bathroom fan and need to replace only the top plastic cover. I see a few different manufactures to choose from. I just want to replace the cover with a factory replacement as I am adding the MaxxAir 2 covers next week. I can't find a name brand on the unit any where to know what type it is to get the cover for.
Thanks again,
Nick

jimtoo

Hi Nick,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I would suggest you get your VIN and have it handy and call Heartland Customer Service,,,877-262-8032 or 574-262-8030, and ask for parts and order from the factory. They will, or should know what unit was installed on your Sundance.

Also think about joining the Heartland Owners Club and attending rallies and meeting lots of great folks.

Enjoy the forum and your Sundance.

Jim M

caissiel

On ours the model no is on the sw. Button panel
On our BC 2009.

Sent from my GT-S5660M using Tapatalk 2

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
There are 4 different hinges. They are all 14" universal replacements. My guess is that its either the newer elixir or the jensen plastic hinge. One has crimp ends, one has a screw that holds it at each end, one looks kind of like a piano hinge and one has the metal part on the base and plastic clips on the lid. They should all cost around $19 at any RV store. I've never looked at my hinges, since they've had vent covers on since new. I suppose I should have noticed..:)

MTPockets

Can't help with the park number, but have you looked at the Maxxair Fan/Mate? We replaced that little bath exhaust fan with a Fanmate fan and the Fan/mate cover. It is hinged to allow for easy access and cleaning when necessary.

branson4020

Icantre Member
Just replaced my cover this week. Its an easy job - took about 10 minutes. As slmayor says, just figure out which hinge you have and get the Camco universal replacement. Available at Camping World or other local RV store.

CactusTwo

Yes, hop up onto the roof, look at the hinge and crank handle track system.....TAKE a picture with your phone or camera and happily walk into CW, Wally or your RV shop and get the new one and your MA vent covers.

CTD2005

Wow!! Such fast and great responses! A great bunch of people ready and willing to help. I will go up top and take a picture and see if I can get one at Tweetys, they are only a couple miles from my house. If that doesn't work I will get the vin number and call Heartland. I will look at joining the HOC. I believe I read on the forum they are having a rally in Boerne at the Fiesta RV Park. I live in Boerne and would definitely like to come by and meet and greet with you fine folks.

jimtoo

Hey CTD2005,

You need to load that Sundance up and meet us all in Gillette, Wy. for the national rally in a couple of weeks. We will have lots of great folks and good food.

Jim M

PS.. Our daughter lives in Boerne and we are there quite often. See you for sure at Alamo Fiesta RV or Tweety's. (Tweety's owner is a Heartlander also.)

CTD2005

As much as I would love to, we cant get the time off from work. Looking forward to shaking your hand at Alamo Fiesta RV.
Thanks again to everyone!
Nick

CTD2005

Nick, can you just come by to meet us?

Hi Jim, as much as we would love to come to Gillette, Wy, we just cant get away for it this time. We are hoping to meet as many as possible in Boerne at Alamo Fiesta RV in October. We are going to join the HOC.

CTD2005

Got my picture and stopping at Tweety's tomorrow. It is the one that looks similar to a piano hinge. It is kinda strange the one that is broken is so weather worn it looks like it's been acid dipped, and the other one still looks great. Maybe the one has already been replaced, not sure as I just got it 5/25/12. But regardless I'm sure Tweety's will have the cover and my MaxxAir2's are ready to go on as soon as I fix this. Thanks again to everyone for all the suggestions.