Size drill and speed for manual operation of hydraulics

jim4har

I am a newbie with a 2012 3010 cyclone that has hydraulic slides and landing gear. The end of the pump has I noted that it requires a 1/4" hex to drive the pump manually. What is the suggested size of the drill and suggested speed? Looks like it should be a 110 volt drill as a battery unit would go dead before it brought both the slides in and the landing gear. Also what is the function of the white rocker switch located close to the pump.

What slide and landing gear configuration causes the hydraulic fluid to rise the most in the reservoir?

Thanks to all that post on this forum.

hoefler

The white rocker operates the pump from the basement. Slides retracted and landing gear up will show the highest level in the reservoir. I have used my 18 volt Dewalt 1/2" drill to play with the slides just to see how it would work with out any problems.

davidg

Welcome to the forum, you will find it is very helpful. On the drill size I carry a 110v DeWalt 1/2" which turns 900rpm, works just fine. The rocker swithc is to move the slides in or out.
Davidg

porthole

Retired
14 volt drill will work. Drill direction dictates slide-jack direction.

This works assuming the pump is bad electrically but not the rest of the 12 volt systems.
The white toggle or landing gear switch stills needs to be active.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?enxb1a
iPhone using Tapatalk

jim4har

Thanks for all the help. I found the Lippert Components 5th Wheel Slideout and Landing Gear System Operation and Service manual on the internet. Very good information. I will look up the addy and post it here if anyone is interested. Will the little white switch operate only the slides or does it also operate the landing gear?

Thanks in advance.