I need help with slideout and autolevel issues

funntheson

I am leaving for a trip in a couple of weeks, but I have a couple issues that I need to resolve, and I am past my one year warranty.

Both my slideout and 4 point autolevel system will run part way, then stop and turn off during the cycle. I have to turn it back on and start it (autolevel), or release the switch, then press again (slideout) 3-4 times to complete a cycle.

Does anybody have any idea what would cause this, and suggestions on how to fix it?

I'm afraid that eventually it will stop working.

Thanks.
Larry

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I agree that it would be a weak breaker.
Follow the heavy red wire from the solenoid on your hydraulic pump to the breaker. That is the one you should replace. It is 50 amp.
I am replacing mine this week for the same reason.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

funntheson

Awesome! Thanks guys! Now, being the non mechanical type, can anyone point me to some step by step directions? I would really appreciate it.

Larry

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Larry, as I pointed out in my previous post, follow the red wire from the solenoid for the pump to the breaker that controls it. On my rig it is the third breaker from the top.
You will need to remove your battery and unplug from shore power before you do anything.
Once you identify the breaker and have all the power off, remove the wires by removing the nuts on the two terminals on the breaker.
Remove the screw that holds the breaker in place and then remove the breaker.
Take your new breaker and install in reverse.
Install your battery, paying attention to polarity.
You should be able to get a replacement 50 amp breaker at NAPA or a marine dealer.

Peace
Dave

funntheson

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Both issues seem to be resolved, for a grand total of less than $8.

You guys are awesome!

Larry

funntheson

I ordered two additional circuit breakers from Amazon to carry in my toolbox. I would strongly reccommend others carrying an extra one as well. It is an easy, inexpensive fix if you do it yourself.

Larry