Memorial Weekend outing

B

BouseBill

HI All: Just got home from the Memorial Day weekend, thank you for all the suggestions in "fixing" the front storage area. We took the 5er to a local RV park and played at full timing for the past few days. Figured we would break in the new rig and see what needed attention from Heartland and our selling dealer. The overall 4 days went pretty well except for the living room drapes and valance (?) did not make the trip in one piece. I am a little disappointed in the construction in that area of the living room, keeping in mind the road is a county road and not the smoothest you would find. Still, holding up the valance with a screw through the fabric?????? now how cheesy is that?. The curtain rod fell down first, pulling the valance down I'm sure, oh, we travel with the blinds in the up position so they did not knock the curtains down......So what is the best way to repair something that needs to be reattached to the walls of this 5th wheel?? I'm thinking maybe a toggle bolt of the appropriate size?? Any suggestions are of course appreciated. I would rather repair this myself than driving the 200 some odd miles back to the dealer. The four blade ceiling fan in the living room is going in the garbage, I tried more than one time to balance it and it refuses to spin without wobbling like a drunken sailor,although it was secured to the ceiling with more than one screw. The fan would not deliver any air until I increased the pitch of the blades with additional washers under the fan blade. I guess it's time to go to Lowe's or Home Depot to see about a replacement unless someone here has a good idea??

The penguin air conditioner in the bedroom needs to be shot..... as it is way to loud and vibrates the heck:D out of the whole rig. I will climb up on the roof and inspect for all the things which I've read about here on this forum:mad: Then if necessary off do the dealer. As much as those air conditioners cost you'd think they'd work without sounding like a freight train coming through your bedroom.

Overall the 4 days went pretty well other than the drapes/valance , air conditioner and ceiling fan.
Please don't take this as slamming Heartland it was not intended as such..just an honest opinion of the past 4 days.

2011 BC 3355RL

Attachments

• 001a.jpg
    001a.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 54

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
Welcome aboard BouseBill. We started with our Big Horn in '09 and had a few start up problems that also made us wonder "who in the *#$# designed it this way" but every trip after that got better. We are not full timers but we get out regularly and LIFE IS GREAT when we are in our rig. :D

Bob Vaughn

I have replaced my curtain rod holder brackets two times. This time I got some sheet rock plastic screw holders and cut off the drilling point. I made the hole that had stripped out a little bigger to accommodate the plastic screw holder and screwed it in nice and tight. I then put the brackets up and I think they will hold now. Once again no fore thought at the factory went into the installation of these brackets. A wood backer plate should have been installed at all these brackets so the screws would have something to screw into. 1/8" luan is barely thick enough to hold itself up.....