Cleaning and Polishing

C

Chulinw

Spick & Span and while you are up Kathy bring the boys a beer.

jpmorgan37

Diesel Engineer, we spray the shower with "Clean Shower" (made by Arm & Hammer) after every use and then just a wipe down with a mild spray cleaner once a week and it stays clean.

Kathy; the cleaner and polish is SCI from Stone Care International. It's easy to use and really keeps the Corian looking good. One thing that we learned is that you don't put the Corian sink and stove cover on the counter with the rough side down. It will "sand" the shiny finish and then it's a lot of elbow grease with polishing compound to get the finish back.

John

Uncle Rog

Wash & Wax ??

What is a good exterior cleaner / wax combo, we are going out next week and thought I would dress her up a bit for the trip........up until now I have just used the hose and a soft brush but I know I should use some sort of wax....thanks

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Roger
the wax that I use is the one that is sold at College of the desert sawpmeet. you put it on leave if for a while then polish it off. Once a year and you are good. It is the same stuff you get on your new car for $$$$
Rand

jpmorgan37

Rog;
I've been using Dri Wash 'n Guard. It is super easy to work with and really does a nice job. I also use Blue Coral wash and wax to wash coach, TV and Sue's car.

John

gawelsh

We also use the Dri n Wash - it 's awesome. The RV gleams ! It takes some muscle, but that's one of George's strong points:p I offer encouragement and cold lemonade !!

jpmorgan37

Lindsey;
Give George a 9 inch buffer for Christmas. Then it is a piece of cake. No muscle needed.
John

jpmorgan37

Rog;
I bought mine from a dealer in New York. I have his information somewhere and will try to find it. We also had a dealer donate some to us at the Rally. Maybe Jim Beletti can give you his contact information. Otherwise, do a Google search for Dri Wash 'n Guard and you'll find a list of suppliers.
John

BluegrassMan

Hi All:
I've mentioned this on the forum before. I too use Dri Wash n' Guard, the bug guts don't stick as bad. When I get home I use my RV brush and water only! In 10 minutes or less I can get the front cap clean. This is the ONLY thing I use on the whole trailer, even the windows, it acts like rain X too.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Well you have talked me into it. Just ordered the 32 oz with pump sprayer to see how I like it. It sounds like something similar to the Honda spray cleaner and polish I use to clean my motorcycles.

Don

BluegrassMan

Don:
Just remember to only wash after using Dri Wash with ONLY WATER. NO SOAP! Soap takes it back off..... I use Dri Wash on my Harley too. It works great on paint,chrome,etc. I've used this for a few years now. It takes more the 1st time, after that a little goes a looonnnnggg way.

BluegrassMan

Don:
I'm answering the question that came in the outlook mail. I don't know why it isn't posted here on the forum. I use the original formula or classic they may call it. It's seafoam greenish color.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Bluegrassman, thanks for the reply. I am not sure myself how you got an e-mail about this I had responded to you on this thread but had also made a separate post on the subject so I deleted the reply here as it was the same question I had ask under post Dri Wash'N Guard. Thanks for the info.

Don

J

Jim_1899

cleaning off the bugs

As I was reading the post on the different cleaners my back is still in pain from this weekend cleaning the bugs off. Normally they come off easy but I must have waited too long and they left some stains still.

I will use some of the suggestions. Thanks
Jim

Pat McFall

Dri-Wash

I just posted a reply on the Dri-Wash thread. I have been using Dri-Wash for over 10 years and it is great. You can read my other post so I won't repeat myself. I am very familiar with all of the Dri-Wash products and will be glad to answer any questions.

Pat

jpmorgan37

Roger;
The first time you use it will probably take the entire 1/2 gallon and I would also get the pump (sprayer). It makes the application easy and doesn't waste it. Now, I buy it by the gallon so I can do car, truck and fifth wheel.

John