Season 4 Underway

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
This is our fourth summer season with the BH at our seasonal campground site and once again, all systems are functioning as advertised. We've had two pretty good rainstorms since we got here last Thursday, but inside we're high and dry. Leveling on a sloped site was a snap with the Ground Control jacks. Only hiccup so far has been the DISH satelite system, but I'm now pretty sure it's due to the wall of trees to our south and not the rig or equipment. I had them on the cell phone earlier, but their "tests" are about the same as what you get from the on screen menus. Almost had a signal earlier after moving the antenna around, but it didn't hold. More experimentation tomorrow. It got up to 90 deg. today, so we had the A/C on and the furballs were happy. Warm weather is nice, but it's a little too early for that kind of heat up here. Had to drive down to Lowes in Gaylord so the wife could pick up her flowers and planter box to decorate the site.

Did finally convince myself that I need to move into the new millenium and get a SmartPhone to replace my venerable LG5200 flip phone. Having the SatFinder app was recommended by the DISH tech on the phone.

jbeletti

Great season 4 report John. Kathy (kakampers) turned me onto the DP Pro app. OMG - $20! But yeah, worth it :)

JohnDar

Other than the two problems we got taken care of the end of the first season, this rig has been pretty much problem free. I like to think it's due to the information I've gleaned from the more experienced (and some unfortunate) members of the forums. It's enabled me to be proactive and short-stop, or at least look, for potential problems. And I like to tinker.

RanCarr

We have to be careful where we camp when we have the Satellite dish with us. We try to find something with shade that's open, at least part way, to the south. Most weekends and week long trips we don't bother to take it with us. We always have some cheapo movies with us from WalMart. Or we read or get online. But when we're down in FL for the winter, we really appreciate the Satellite.

JohnDar

We have to be careful where we camp when we have the Satellite dish with us. We try to find something with shade that's open, at least part way, to the south. Most weekends and week long trips we don't bother to take it with us. We always have some cheapo movies with us from WalMart. Or we read or get online. But when we're down in FL for the winter, we really appreciate the Satellite.

The satelite problem is actually my/our fault in retrospect. We've slowly been moving around the CG each season to get into sites we like better. This one is directly across from the one we had last year, but is laid out better as far as spacing between the trees on it, etc. Unfortunately, it also backs up to a wall of tall trees along the south side of the CG. I didn't get a chance to play with the antenna again today. It was a better day to take the pontoon out for it's first spin of the season.

We've survived this long without it, but it would have been nice to have. If nothing works, I'll be putting the whole kit & kaboodle up for sale.