Replacing TV antenna head

Clint

I have an "Antenna Tec" antenna and I want to replace the head only if I can. Does anyone know if a Winegard Sensar IV would fit on the Antenna Tec mast ?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Doug is correct but you might consider replacing it with the Jack antenna. It supposedly has better reception and a wider "beam". I know several have put one on their Heartland Rigs and are pleased with the improvement.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Check the clearance around the head before replacing, we determined the Wingard would not clear the 2nd AC. The Jack TV head is a much smaller device and works great!

Erika

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Doug is correct but you might consider replacing it with the Jack antenna. It supposedly has better reception and a wider "beam". I know several have put one on their Heartland Rigs and are pleased with the improvement.

Just replaced ours with the Jack antenna , simple install, the reception has been awesome. It is a lot smaller than any of the batwing type antennas.....Kenny

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Just replaced ours with the Jack antenna , simple install, the reception has been awesome. It is a lot smaller than any of the batwing type antennas.....Kenny

Same Here...and it fits fine on the Antenna Tec mast....

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Well thanks to this thread I now have a new Jack Antenna Head coming. Thanks for the link to PPL, that is one great price. I'll probably order the meter next but want to see how the head does by itself.

Mark

CliffP

Did any of you use the signal meter on your tv and test before and after the Jack antenna? I haven't seen more than 50% signal with the factory antenna. We'll be ordering the Jack before our next trip.

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders
I too installed the Jack. Great product works much better than any batwing antenna.

mrcomer

Maybe Heartland will get a look at this and consider installing these at the factory.

Rrloren

Did any of you use the signal meter on your tv and test before and after the Jack antenna? I haven't seen more than 50% signal with the factory antenna. We'll be ordering the Jack before our next trip.

I did check the oem antenna as it sits in my yard. Tested 4 positions then ran the scan and recorded number of channels detected and number actually viewable from the 4 positions. Will check again once the Jack is installed.

CliffP

I did check the oem antenna as it sits in my yard. Tested 4 positions then ran the scan and recorded number of channels detected and number actually viewable from the 4 positions. Will check again once the Jack is installed.

Thanks, looking forward to seeing the results!

mrcomer

Ordered mine yesterday from PPL and received it today. It came from Elkhart Indiana. Hopefully get it installed this weekend. WooHoo!

danemayer

You guys convinced me. I ordered one earlier this week - arrived today. I went over to the storage lot and installed it. Very easy. Also replaced the in-roof male-to-male junction and connectors on either side while at it. If while on the roof, you push the cable down a few inches, it's easy to get to from inside.

The TV signal strength meter has four levels: none, poor, fair and good. Before starting, I had no signal on one local channel. Afterward, the TV signal strength showed Good.