Good Sam Club

Porkchop

I'm thinking of joining it....

Anyone have it and I can use you as a referral....

I think you get free camping or something like that?

Irene

rjr6150

Have had it for 10 years. Based on the discount received when staying in their parks feel it is a good value.

Porkchop

I might buy a few things from camping world and I think it has free shipping when you have a good sam membership... I'll just do it for a year and see what happens.

Do you want me to say you recommended me and you get something? I think a free night?

Irene

Birchwood

Joined 3 years ago and its used now in conjunction with Campers World presidents club so it has dual usage I guess.
I also have the Good Sam Roadside assistance that I have used a couple times but in three years has never paid for itself.
Probably if I ever need a tow it will pay for itself and that could happen anytime.I think both Good Sam and Even the Roadside assistance
are good deals

Rrloren

Been a member for about 15 yrs. and also use the Road Side Assistance the last few yrs.
The Club easily pays for itself with the 10% discount at participating CG,s.
I've had to use the Road help a couple yrs. ago to get both trailer and truck off an Interstate when tranny went bad. Well worth the cost that yr.
The Road Assist also covers tire changes and a bunch of other stuff so , for me it's worth the cost. Not selling it , just my opinion.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I've got the CW/President's Club membership, which is now under Good Sam. And I've had the ERS since we got the rig. Monetarily, it probably has not paid for itself, but by not requiring me to lay in wet grass during a rainstorm to beat off a flat inner dually (Goshen last year), I'd say it has. We also enrolled in the Emergency Assistance coverage this year. Never know when a medical problem might sideline one of us. If it were me, the wife would be in dire straits trying to handle it.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The Good Sam Club has made some changes recently. No longer do you need to have the Camping World President's Club card to get the special pricing, All you need is the Good Sam Club card. So not only do you get discounts at Campgrounds you get the President's Club discount at Camping World. We have been a member for many years and also have the Good Sam Emergency Road Service too. Both are great deals.

Porkchop

Thanks everyone.

I guess another question is which to get. One year or go to the 5 year membership?

Thanks!
Irene

jwalker1

I just saw last evening in the Camping World Flyer that if you buy the ERS (Emergency Road Service) you can get lifetime membership to Good Sam for $199.00....We have been members for about 5 years now and when we had our SOB we had to use the ERS twice. It sure leaves a lot less stress in your travels. We always use it for discounts at RV Parks too. So it's paid for itself over and over.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
We are Life Members and also have the Good Sam ERS. I used it today on a tire. This is the third time I have used it. Since Good Sam has taken over Affinity Group they have brought the Camping World stores under their umbrella and now you do no have to join the Presidents club. If you re-up with the ERS join as Life Members for $199.00 it is a great deal. Then sign up with Pilot/Flying J on their new card for Good Sam members. If you are a life member you get .08 of a gallon of Diesel, and if you are a Good Sam member yearly you get .06 off. We believe in it strongly. No we aren't on the payroll but we do volunteer with the Tennessee State Staff of Good Sam Club as Assistant State Director's.

Paul & Nan

We are Charter Life Members of Good Sam, for 25/26 years. It has paid off over and over. And as others have mentioned the Road Service is great. In November they paid $1500 for a flatbed tow for our rig. The road service also covers all your vehicles, so no need for any other road service. Go for Life member if you can. Nan

pegmikef

I'lll sure vouch for Good Sam ERS. I got to try it out at the rally in Thackerville, OK last weekend and it worked great. The provider not only changed my flat, but he repaired my tire and switched out the rims on the repaired tire and the spare so I would still have the TPMS. The whole thing from the time I called them until he was finished was a little less than an hour. I figure the ERS paid for itself in that one service call.

back2nature

We also got the Good Sam Roadside Assistance. We had AAA for the cars, then we got the 5th wheel. Coverage was better and a bit cheaper with Good Sam Roadside Assistance than AAA. We also figured Good Sam would send a tow truck that's more apped to handle a big RV. We chose the Platinum membership because it will handle all the vehicles we own, all cars. And of course we like the discount at most campgrounds.

Porkchop

I'll give them a call. Thanks for the info regarding the ERS and lifetime membership. Silly question, but I only need to buy the ERS once then I have the lifetime membership or so I have to buy the ERS each year at that cost.

I can call them and ask as well.

My RV insurance has some sort of ERS. Progressive... so do I really need the Good Sam ERS? Or should I just get it so I can get the lifetime membership.

Thanks!
Irene

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I'll give them a call. Thanks for the info regarding the ERS and lifetime membership. Silly question, but I only need to buy the ERS once then I have the lifetime membership or so I have to buy the ERS each year at that cost.

I can call them and ask as well.

My RV insurance has some sort of ERS. Progressive... so do I really need the Good Sam ERS? Or should I just get it so I can get the lifetime membership.

Thanks!
Irene

The Good Sam ERS and the Emergency Medical need to be renewed annually. I don't think having a lifetime membership in the Good Sam Club changes that. The thing I like about the Good Sam ERS is that it covers the trailer and both vehicles, whether we're towing or not. Response to a call for service and what they will/will not do may differ amongst carriers, as well.

Porkchop

I did it!

You have to be first a member (cost me $20 to sign up got one year). AND you have to join the Roadside assistance for 79.95 which you do have to renew annually. He said that if it renews its 112.95 and I can buy into it for 3-8 years or whatever...

It does cover ALL vehicles including motorcycles. No limit on mileage.

I don't know if I should do it for longer than 1 year?

Then the lifetime membership cost is $199. The person on the phone said its normally $499.

I was questioning why I needed roadside assistance since I have it on my vehicles (new cars) and the RV (under the insurance).

I'm not sure if I should do the longer roadside assistance or not.

Help please? Thanks?
Irene

TXTiger

I am a new to RVing I just bought my rig last month. I got an extended warranty and it covers roadside assistance. I also have Safeco Insurance and they have a roadside assistance that covers my tow vehicle and RV also. I joined Good Sam for 1 year to try it out. I get a discount at Camping World for all the stuff I need to buy for my new rig, water hoses, surge protectors etc. I also signed up for the discount on diesel at Flying J. I only paid $25 for my 1 yr membership and have already saved that on diesel. I am looking forward to saving more at Good Sam campgrounds in the near future.