Durability of faux leather

BBinNC

We are new owners of a Cyclone 3712. It has a long L shaped couch made of faux leather. We also have a Schnauzer who likes to get up on the couch. How durable is this couch material? The dog does not dig or anything, but I wonder if his nails will cut the material when he jumps up.

ILH

We have a new Road Warrior with the faux leather trim on the edges of the bunk beds in the garage. We have already initiated a warranty claim as the edges came from the factory with scuffs and cuts in them.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We also have a schnauzer and a VERY active Chihuahua/Jack Russel mix and neither has caused a problem with the couch or chairs which are also covered in the faux leather.

Birchwood

As I have stated many times the furniture in these RVs is used for a selling stage.
With the exception of the end table and dining table all the furniture in our Landmark
was replaced after 2 years and we have no animals.The outside coating on the faux
leather recliners started rubbing off only after a year.The sofa material became wooley
and the bed matress pillow top became lumpy after 6 months.We replaced the sofa and
recliners with real leather.

CliffP

Not speaking to the quality of the leather used in RVs, several furniture sales people have told us leather is the way to go with pets. We had two labs that were couch dogs when we bought our home living room set. Bought leather and it held up fine. We're convinced cloth furniture would'nt have lasted with 100#s + nails.

TwoGypsies

How many faux's must give their lives for our comfort? We should all switch to dogahyde.... ok, not constructive, sorry!

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have two fairly active Yorkies that spend a fair amount of time on the "Pleather".
We have been fulltiming almost a year and a half and have had no problems whatsoever. Our furniture is holding up well.
We are average size/weight people and we try not to abuse things. I like the pseudo leather better than fabric, because it doesn't collect dust. Trace