08 Bighorn Damage on delivery

codancars

Check your Campers when they arrive people ,Don't take the word of the dealer that they have been checked for damage.Not a good Idea to buy a camper out of state either,No service ,none.Starting to regret the purchase.Finding alot of problems with the bighorn 3670 RL. Willing to bet company wont let this complaint stay on but I will post all over the internet until they repair this unit.If anyone has had a similar problem please respond.

Tom of Ypsi

Not sure what the complaint is as you did not state any but I can say that with all, cars, trucks, 5'rs, travel trailers, motorhomes etc, you need to do a PDI before signing and taking delivery of your vehicles. If it is not right do not sign for it. You will undoubtly find problems as time goes on but a thorough PDI will prevent the majority of them. Take a look at rv.net and look at the complaints of all other brands and you will see this is a problem with all brands, no one product is immune.

BTW this is not a company run forum. This is a forum started by a Heartland owner, Jim Beletti (Administrator), with input by the factory. Jim has the first and last say on what stays posted here and he has done a fine outstanding job.

jpmorgan37

Tom hit the nail on the head. Do a PDI. There a a number of good one's on the internet. A good one will take at least four hours to do. I bought mine out of state and didn't have a problem with doing that and have no regrets. When I spend 40 to 60,000 dollars for a RV, I'm going to make sure that it is right before I leave the dealer's lot or before I accept delivery from a transporter. Blasting it all over the internet isn't going to get your coach repaired. Work with Customer Service at Heartland and I'm sure they will be happy to work with you.

John

gawelsh

CODENCARS - look on the internet for a dealer closer to home or call the factory for an authorized dealer to help you with your issues. You'll be amazed at the support you'll get from Heartland....they WILL stand behind the product (and you), even if your selling dealer won't. Good luck - once you get the bugs ironed out, you can start enjoying your new RV:)

iefpro01

Guys My trailer was in the shop for 4 weeks working on PDI stuff B4 I could take her home. My wife -me and Curtis Doyle walked the baby more than once. But we still had a bunch of problems with in 200 miles. Several major things (that were stapled) came apart.

Honestly I have owned a class C a Bus and a travel trailer - and I have had way more problems with the Big Horn. It is in the shop right now - so lets see I have owned the trailer 7 weeks - I had it for one weekend...

So, may just be my luck - but man spending 50K and this? I have mentioned elsewhere the entire list and the fact that we blew a brand new tire on the short trip. And that the tire is the second to blow on this new trailer on the same wheel (they blew one during delivery) - yet guess what I am fighting with them about the fact that something has got to be wrong with the axle. (Not Heartland yet - but with the dealer).

My wife is now afraid to go on the 5K trip we have planned in the mountains this fall. Quite frankly I am a bit concerned as well. I just spent $1100 to order and install brand new Goodyear's - I am hoping this will be better. But in my mind they must replace the axle...

codancars

08 bighorn problem reply

Iv'e been working with the factory,nothing happens still.I was supposed to have this delivered two month ago.I have heard just about every excuse you could imagine.They tell me the parts guy is handleing this. I figure since he never has contacted me yet after two months I must be in trouble ,so I call the salesman who happens to be part owner and ask him what is the deal with my furniture replacement? I get "he hasn't called you yet".I will talk to him and have him get right back to you today.I have herd that twice now,and it has been two weeks now with no calls since our last discussion.There is other things wrong with it and I understand these things happen but give me a break.I paid alot of money for this thing and this is what I can expect.Frustrated in CT

mufflerman

***POST DELETED BY ADMIN***

Post was mean-spirited and as such, added no value to the forum.

Jim

I don't believe my post was mean spirited, It was FACT, and added no positive value to heartland, but it was valuable info for the public.
Ray

Last edited:

jpmorgan37

codancars;
You say that it is in the factory's hands but you refer to the dealership personnel (parts man and salesman). If you have not done so already, my suggestion is to contact David Parton or Jim Fenner at Heartland and explain your concerns and frustration with getting this resolved. I think that you will find them willing and able to help expedite getting your unit repaired.

John

Uncle Rog

Get with HL and find a good shop in your area, I only went to the dealer once, that was enough. A good shop will get you going in ahurry.....

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We picked up our 08' 3600RL a week ago this past Friday. So far we've had a few very minor problems, several loose water connections at the docking bay, some very small nicks on trim, some caulk needed at bottom of front door, outside handle at door installed wrong, shower stall leaking, etc. The biggest problem we've had so far is they put the wrong color dinette chairs in the coach...green just doesn't go with this camel suede interior. Factory has already authorized replacement, though.

The dealer service, however, has been another story. Charged over $300 to move WD from trade-in to new unit...had to remove and reinstall ourselves as it leaked at the hotwater connection. Dealer didn't tighten enough, and then stuck vent hose over vent pipe, not even using a clamp and left inside plate completely off! And then they couldn't find time to do the minor warranty work after having it all day; we ended up fixing most of it ourselves! Not too happy with them!

Overall we are very happy with our Bighorn...only time will tell, however. So far the workmanship seems quite good, small problems are to be expected in these things. Haven't owned one yet we haven't had to do some work on.

iefpro01

Well DW and I love our Big Horn as well. But we are starting to get a bit frustrated. We are just 4 weeks away from our 5K mile vacation, and the dealer still has the trailer. Went to check it over the weekend - and the spare tire is still on it, and they said they were goig to pull it out and check the axle on Sunday. DW is getting a little red in the face...

I am sure things will be ok and I am sure Heartland will make sure everything is covered - but mand If it isn't ready for this 23 day vacation we been plannig for a year and the reason why we bought the new Big horn - well I leaving home cause DW is going to kill somebody!

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
08 damage on delivery

CODANCARS, please advise what dealer you were using and what damage was incurred. We're talking with several dealers in our state(Texas) and out of state. We have learned from years of RVing that there will always be some small issues, and problems with dealers. However, I'd like to avoid a dealer that is not taking care of their bread and butter customer. I'm glad this forum exists. I'm on the Mobile Suites forum, since we are leaving our Mobile Suite, and have learned what issues are occurring with HL. Frankly, some are the same.:(