Exterior Door Keypad

Maverick

I have a 2012 Landmark San Antonio. It has a lock/unlock keypad for the exterior entry door. That worked last season but does not now work. I suspect the transmitter unit is not working probably because of a battery. Problem is I cant find that transmitter anywhere. Anyone know where it might be located? I know all models have different locations for items but just asking in case someone knows. Thanks.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I have a 2012 Landmark San Antonio. It has a lock/unlock keypad for the exterior entry door. That worked last season but does not now work. I suspect the transmitter unit is not working probably because of a battery. Problem is I cant find that transmitter anywhere. Anyone know where it might be located? I know all models have different locations for items but just asking in case someone knows. Thanks.

If you talking about the small 1" x 4" keypad, that is the transmitter. It's mounted to the RV with double sided tape and can be removed (carefully). I used velcro strips to remount mine instead of the double sided tape. There is a battery inside the keypad. 8 VERY small screws on the back of the keypad will need to be removed to take it apart and replace the battery. Have a jewelers screwdriver kit and magnifying glasses available to assist.

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
The keypad is the transmitter. The receiver is located under the middle of the window on the inside of the door. Remove the frame holding the window in place and you'll see the receiver. The problem is probably the battery in the small transmitter keypad. Search for "keyless entry" on the forum and you'll find lots of discussion about these units. Ken