Jack Motor Problem: Shaft Wanted

WYWendinger

The output shaft on the motor that drives the jacks up and down, on the very rear of the camper, is snapped in half. Called Klauber Machine & Gear Co for replacement part but turns out you have to buy the whole motor assembly, everything. This is the shaft part that goes from gear housing to the jack.

Does someone have one a shaft or a way to get the shaft separate from the whole motor? The part number is Model K01285C800 S/N G07.

If this needs to be moved, please do so, I couldn't find my way to Wanted/For sale section before breakfast.

wdk450

Jeremy & Denise:
You are probably going to get stuck buying a motor assembly. If you want to spend the time here is a link to RV salvage companies to call. I saw a bunch of motors at the one in Eugene, Oregon. You might try E-Bay and other online sites for the heck of it.
http://www.rverscorner.com/rvsalvage.html

Here's a link to the Lippert site and the motor. I can't believe its $485 when they want $525 for the ENTIRE rear leveller system.
http://store.lci1.com/shared/StoreF...reType=BtoC&Count1=545711696&Count2=462852120

You might investigate taking the broken part to a local metal machine shop and see if they can MAKE you a new shaft for a lot less.

I'm now staying in Baker's Hole Campground outside West Yellowstone, Mt. I have seen a few Bighorns in CG's, and in people's cabin sites in the area.

Last edited:

WYWendinger

Thanks Bill, we'll try them! I like the idea of getting a shaft fab'd, as we're already getting the slide rails done (as my husband says: it's like they built them to fail -20 holes and only 2 stud bolts in each side).

Have fun and watch out for buffalo more than bears - buffalo in rut are more likely to kill you tourists have found.

wdk450

Denise:
I had to edge by right next to some bison bulls on a pulloff yesterday, and talked to the ranger. I thought that the rumble of the diesel would irritate them, and he agreed they don't like diesels.

Sorry, the website still doesn't take my pictures.

WYWendinger

heehee. Nope, the low growling of the engines sorta set them off like PMS.

Just got off the phone with the sister in law (who is going to school to run those fabricating machines) and described it, she said she thinks she could make one as small as it is. Send photos off and will put in mail for her to make in school! I may never have to buy retail again. lol

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
heehee. Nope, the low growling of the engines sorta set them off like PMS.

Just got off the phone with the sister in law (who is going to school to run those fabricating machines) and described it, she said she thinks she could make one as small as it is. Send photos off and will put in mail for her to make in school! I may never have to buy retail again. lol

That's awesome. I really miss being in a tool/machine shop. I used to make my own things when the need arose. Make sure you take some pics of the repair for us.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Denise:
I had to edge by right next to some bison bulls on a pulloff yesterday, and talked to the ranger. I thought that the rumble of the diesel would irritate them, and he agreed they don't like diesels.

Sorry, the website still doesn't take my pictures.
This is what we saw in that area....

WYW can you post a photo of the broken shaft? I'd think it could be fixed or a new better shaft fab'ed.

Attachments

• BPlrs 066.jpg
    BPlrs 066.jpg
    374.3 KB · Views: 19

wdk450

I went away from the campsite today for an all day sightseeing trip. I found a bison "plop" about 10 feet behind my rig! I was freaked outby something so big wandering through the campground. The cat was hiding under the couch when I got back.