Extended Hitch

kimn610

Does the Big Horn's innovation in design really work with short bed trucks. i.e.
You don't need a slider hitch in the turning radius and can you truly back into camping sites easily without a slider hitch?

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I installed a slider on mine being a little leary, but have not used it. I would honestly say there is no need for a slider. Heartlands 88 degree turning radius is very true.----Ken

Forrest Fetherolf

I have the same mind set as Katken. I bought a 16K Husky slider, never used it, don't need it unless I hook up to another RV without the tapered nose cone corners. I have the slider bolted solid to the slider frame rails to eliminate clunking.

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Non-Slider Hitch

slarsenkim6100:

We have essentially the same truck you have. We do not have a slider hitch and don't see any need for one. We have the Reese 16K and it also tilts side to side which came in handy twice.

Tom

Sundance_kid

I have a 34' Sundance and a short bed F250. I turn around in our culdesac no problem without a slider. Not worth the extra money.

pvandy03

Sundance,

I am ordering a 3055 and have the same tow vehicle as you (2001 Ford F-250 PSD). Have you had any problems or issues towing? I am currently towing a much lighter 5th wheel (about 10,000 lbs fully loaded).

Thanks,
Mark

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
slider hitch

I feel that a slider may not be nessesary but if and when we move to montana I will feel better about navigating the dirt roads and some of our property with the slider hilly property :confused:

cmart

I've got a 2002 Chevy Dmax Extended cab with a short bed, pulling a 3055 and I haven't had in problem backing. Its a great design.

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
You can see our vehicle below and so far we have had no problems.
Regards
Wayne