Body Parts.....

Uncle Rog

Howdy, I picked up the wheel well trim and skirt metal to fix the effects of my china bomb scenario from March. It took 90 days to get 'em, not sure why but I was not that concerened. The trim pieces are a perfect match, however the metal is 10' long, I only needed 37". The good part is that I now have three tries to get it right:D She sure will be pretty when she gets her girlish figure back. I still have two BH's in the wire as Red Neck Life has not moved into there new house yet. Now both of them will look as good as new......

Forrest Fetherolf

Roger,

You have more patience than me. I bugged Jim Fenner @ Heartland and got my replacement parts in 17 days. I thought that was to long.

The length you said you needed was 37", mine was 42-1/2". Could there be that much difference in length, we both have 3600RL?

Good luck with your install.

Forrest

Uncle Rog

Forrest, I haven't cut any thing yet as I am smoking up a bunch of pork butt and ribs for a little get together here at Quail Hollow. The piece I am replacing is between the kitchen and entertainment slides. Unless I am missing something or if the metal slides under something it might 37 1/4, but I do not see how. Thanks for the heads up, I will inspect measure twice and try to cut only once! My unit # is 2825 and I inspected another unit last year that was a couple of months older and the differences were significant, from the basement area to the utilities. Our AC input is at the rear, this unit had it up by the water inlet. The basement had about 9sq ft more because the under stair storage was a wire basket and was fully acessible from below, curious.......

Forrest Fetherolf

Roger,

Your unit must have been built 1857 units after mine.

According to Jim Belletti's earlier post regarding "decoding your heartland vin," Heartland started production with 459001. My 3600RL's heartland production vin is 459968, and according to the vin tag, was built 8/11/05, indicating the 968th unit built. That would have been nice to know when Clovis RV represented they had the unit on their lot for only two weeks when I purchased it July 25, 2006. The factory disagreed, stating Clovis received it September, 2005. I'm sure Clovis RV just made an "innocent mistake" and got their years mixed up.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Forrest

Uncle Rog

I am wondering now, the last 7 marks of my vin are E002825? The plate is dated 3/3/06, we purchased the same month. There is not even a "49" in it. With your production date I wonder does you shore power plug into the rear of the rig or up by the UDC? The rig I inspected last year with plumbing problems was an earlier production also.....and was configured differently than mine as I posted earlier..

On Edit: I meant ther is no "45" prefix, as in my favorite caliber.....

Last edited:

ChopperBill

For some reason Uncle Rog smoking a bunch of pork butt struck me as pretty funny. :D (and I only am on my second beer!)

Forrest Fetherolf

Roger,

My shore plug is on the left rear side, a foot or so behind the entertainment slide. I have no clue regarding the vin numbering system Heartland used. I rechecked my vin tag and verified that I do own a Heartland product.;) There for a minute, I thought it might be a TETON. Boy, would that have been a let down!!!!!!:D

Forrest

Uncle Rog

Man you guys are tough, they sure are tasty though with a little BBQ sauce and a cervza, just hard to roll.....!