Pet ramps

jimmar

My lab/shepard mix is starting to have a tough time climbing into our truck and 5th wheel. I know the pet ramps are designed for trucks but do they work on the stairs into the campers? Any suggestions on best kind?

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Yes. We have one that we used for our Great Pyrenees. I will reply back with a brand and pic in a bit. I will have to get my morning ambition going. :D

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

GOTTOYS

I use a pine board wrapped with some cheap carpet. I have a short one for the truck and a longer one that is 2- 1X8s that folds in the center for the trailer. They work just fine...Don

jimmar

Do you have any problem with the boards slipping? I know it would only take once for the boards to slip and fall with my 80lb big baby on them and he would never go up them again.
I use a pine board wrapped with some cheap carpet. I have a short one for the truck and a longer one that is 2- 1X8s that folds in the center for the trailer. They work just fine...Don

jimmar

Yes. We have one that we used for our Great Pyrenees. I will reply back with a brand and pic in a bit. I will have to get my morning ambition going. :D

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Thank you. I would appreciate that.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
IMG_1125.jpg

This is the Pet Gear brand and it folds up to carry it. DW says it came from Amazon.com. I have another member considering it but it's going to Gillette with us. If they don't want it then it's your if you want it.

GOTTOYS

Do you have any problem with the boards slipping? I know it would only take once for the boards to slip and fall with my 80lb big baby on them and he would never go up them again.

The board for the truck is about 3 feet long. It's a 1X10 with some thin carpet stapled to it for traction. I set it on the step tube just below the door. One hop and she's in. It has slipped a couple times so now I just put my foot at the end of it. The ramp I use for the trailer is 2 - 1X8s with some carpet stapled to it. The carpet works as a hinge so we can fold it up and set it aside under the slide out, It's about 5 feet long and hasn't had a problem with slipping. We set the end on the next to the top step. Our old Labra-weiler weighs about 90# and has had some leg surgery that didn't completely take care of the problem. She's 11 years old and just isn't as spry anymore. You could always put a piece of strap iron on top to hook it in place...Don

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
We just purchased folding pet steps for our Golden. The new truck was just too high for a 10 year old dog to jump. Check them out on our blog, ericandalice.com. We have pictures and I think I wrote down the brand, which I can't remember at the moment. Our dog doesn't care for ramps, but he loves these steps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jimmar

View attachment 19589

This is the Pet Gear brand and it folds up to carry it. DW says it came from Amazon.com. I have another member considering it but it's going to Gillette with us. If they don't want it then it's your if you want it.

That looks like exactly what we are looking for. Please let us know if the other member doesn't take them because we would definately be interested. you can e-mail me at jlewis1605@cfl.rr.com if they become available.

jimmar

We just purchased folding pet steps for our Golden. The new truck was just too high for a 10 year old dog to jump. Check them out on our blog, ericandalice.com. We have pictures and I think I wrote down the brand, which I can't remember at the moment. Our dog doesn't care for ramps, but he loves these steps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
The steps look nice but unfortunately our dog is kind of wigged out about climbing steps that are open so that is why we are looking at ramps. He is just the opposite of your dog, but thanks for the info.