Not much airflow on main ducted AC unit

kjc9003

I am a new RVer with a 4 month old Greystone 34QB. Last weekend wehad it in a relatively warm area (about 95 ambient air outside). My main ACunit (15K BTU) seems to have very little airflow. I really don't have a goodbasis of comparison though. The air coming out is cool but not as much air flow as I was expecting. If I hold my hand 6 inches or so from the vent I can feel theair flow but just a very light amount. This is true from when I first turn iton through several hours of operation. The rear bunk room never really coolsoff as a result of limited airflow, even though the air that the main AC unit does produce is cool. By comparison, my front (13.5K BTU) unitreally cools things off and has a ton of airflow but is not ducted into therest of the vents. The filters are brand new and in pristine condition. Any thoughts Iwhat I should check? Is this normal? Thanks Kevin

jnbhobe

I would pull the duct covers off and take a flashlight and a mirror and look at the ducts for a blockage. Also do a search for (tent in a vent) for a mod to increase air flow

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you want better air flow you may have to make some modifications. Easy and inexpensive.
I did this on my last rig and it did help.
There was a mod posted by Timk. It was called a tent in a vent.
HERE IS A LINK the the procedure.
You might also want to check that everything is sealed up in the AC plenum.
Hope this helps.

Peace
Dave