Warrantee work

azbound

I read that a lot of you are shopping RV Direct Wholesale, price are great. However; when you purchased from RV Direct and need warranty work how did your local dealer treat you?

Gary
azbound

ChopperBill

Most of the locally owned dealers I run across are treating you like you have the plague if you buy from an internet wholesale dealer. Seems to be that way nation wide with a few exceptions.
On a side note the company I work part time for sells a line of lawn and garden equipment that is the same as Lowes and Home Depot sells. If you come to our shop for warranty if you purchase there you also get turned down. There is no contract that says we have to do transient warranties. We have lost a ton of money on warranty denials and labor cuts. No more.
p.s. Our prices are generally as good if not better.

TrickyD

Not worried yet

Although I went South to purchase my 5th wheel, I don't have a local dealer.
The closest one is approximately 450 KM away. If I should happen to need some warranty work, I would just be passing through. Can they penalize you for that?
Besides, after all considerations I feel that I save about 25K Cdn. by going South, so I'll take my chances with warranty work.:D

azbound

If you purchase from an internet dealer and as you say, your local Heartland dealer treats you like you have the plague. Can you count on Heartland to support you and intervein with the local dealer with warranty issues?

mufflerman

It shouldn't matter where you purchase your R.V. A representing dealer for that product with a service dept. SHOULD take care of any warranty work!

I don't understand their thinking, They do get paid for doing warranty work, The dealers that don't like warranty work must not like job security!

Post edited by Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

billd

I have found that Heartland works with you to get things fixed. They will help you find a local dealer or an independant to fix it properly.

Bill

Uncle Rog

I would not be too concerned as long as HL has an authorized shop somewhere close to you. My dealer, Richardson's RV in Sun City, CA, was non responsive and almost antagonistic about working on my BH. HL set me up with a shop that has done all the fixes for me that I did not want to or feel obligated to mess with. Hopefully you will not need too much work done.......good luck!

ChopperBill

azbound said:
If you purchase from an internet dealer and as you say, your local Heartland dealer treats you like you have the plague. Can you count on Heartland to support you and intervein with the local dealer with warranty issues?
Guess I would be a little reluctant to leave our trailer at a dealer that was FORCED to do the work. Might get it back worse than when I took it in. Kind of like if I *upset* the cook that was making my dinner. :eek:

*Edited by Admin* :)

Trap

You do have a way with word's Chopper;)

ChopperBill said:
Guess I would be a little reluctant to leave our trailer at a dealer that was FORCED to do the work. Might get it back worse than when I took it in. Kind of like if I *upset* the cook that was making my dinner. :eek:

*Edited by Admin* :)