Cyclone vs. Razor

alallphin

I've been looking for the best toy hauler at the best price for a long time. I've compared Crossforce and Keystone products, but I really like what I see with Heartland. I've been concerned about getting too big and long and heavy, so I thought I wanted the Razor 3110DS, but comparing to the Cyclone 3210, the Cyclone actually has a lower tongue weight because of the triple axles. It is also shorter and the same UVW. Is this right? Which will tow better, a double 6000# axle setup, or a triple 5200#? Will the higher profile of the Cyclone be noticable towing down the road? They are listed as being about a foot difference in height. I appreciate any input from experienced 5th wheel haulers.

Loco

Al,
It all comes down to what you are planning on hauling and how you are going to use it. Also what type of tow vehicle you have. The Cyclones ride great with tri axles. They do not like tight turns, but they will do it. It is just hard on the tires. You can haul more pay load. The rig is higher but they handle great. If you are like us we carry a large loads with two Harleys lots of gear. So we wanted the big one. We have a 2007 3795 which was the biggest when we got ours over a year ago. These rigs do need a big truck to pull. F-250 or GM 2500 or better for the small one. You need no less than a F-350 DRW for the big ones. We pull with 2006 F-350 Power Stroke 4-door 4x4 DRW Tow Boss and we really could use a F-450. But our truck does fine as long as you do not dog it.I plan on adding Air bags this winter to help with leveling of tow vehicle. Just look at all types and makes. Only you will know which is right for you. Spend alot of time looking them over before you buy. What ever type or make you buy.

alallphin

Thanks for the advice! I'll be pulling with a 2500 Duramax/Allison combo. I like the Cyclone 3795 plan also, but it is a little heavier. Do you really think that I'll have trouble pulling it? Why do you feel you need to go to a 4500? I'm planning some airbags also. Thanks again for your help.

Loco

Al,
Our rig loaded with tow vehicle is 24,478lbs. over 25000lbs with two Harley and water, fuel, all the gear and four adults. You should be able to pull the smaller ones with your truck. But most people with big toy haulers use daullys. They just handle better with the bigger rigs.