New Roof Protection

MaxOwner

Hey all.

Take delivery of a Landmark Key Largo next week. Bran new trailer.

Wondering what (if anything) I sould do to protect the roof from UV stuff?

I am a Canadian and may not have access to some of the stuff that you guys do......

jimtoo

Hi MaxOwner,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I think the main thing is keep the roof clean using a mild soap like Dawn dish soap and checking it regularly. There are lots of products out there and I am sure someone will jump in soon with more information.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

CactusTwo

Listen to Jimtoo, that is all I have done since 2000 and that is perfect on both my first 5th and this one

brianharrison

Welcome.

I do not treat the roof with any additional treatment options/products. The OEM material (EPDM or TPO) are designed to be UV resistant. I see from Heartlands website the Landmarks may now come with EPDM or TPO on full body paint options (LINK to LM specs).

I also live in Alberta, and as mentioned above, I wash my EPDM roof with Dawn dishsoap in a bucket of water, twice a year with a long handled bristled brush and it has held up really well, both this one and my previous 5ver.

Hope this helps.

Take care,
Brian

MaxOwner

Thanx for the welcome and the replies.

Take delivery of the Key Largo model this Friday. So hope to start off right.