Warranty Question?

wildwolfproducts

Anyone know if the warranty is transferable on the heartland units? Reason I ask may have found a used one. Its almost out of warranty but still a little left. So wondering if its dead on the sale of would be transferred to the new owner?

Pete

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
From the Heartland Warranty pages in the manual...

Heartland RV provides to the original retail purchaser who purchases the unit from an authorized dealer and who uses the vehicle for private single family recreational travel, camping and seasonal usage a one (1) year warranty under normal use against defects in material and/or workmanship in the construction of the vehicle and its original components. “Defect” means the failure of the unit and/or the materials used to assemble the unit to conform to Heartland’s design and manufacturing s pecifi cations and tolerances. Any product used for a commercial or business purpose, including,
not limited to, rental, charter, or for other fees for service, or as a residence is excluded from this Limited Warranty. (This residential limitation shall not apply to Land Mark, Big Horn and Big Country brands.) This Limited Warranty is intended
for the original retail owner and is non-transferable

I do think some things have changed like Landmarks now have a 2-year Warranty. A call to Customer Service will clear up your questions.

wildwolfproducts

Thanks I could not find anything on the warranty. But this one would only have the year warranty. AS its not 2012 not the 2013 model.
Again Thanks
Pete

GOTTOYS

The appliances, A/C, furnace and water heater are covered by their manufacturers warranty. I think these may be transferred. Don

Sent from Commodore Vic 20 using Hunt & Peck 1

danemayer

The appliances, A/C, furnace and water heater are covered by their manufacturers warranty. I think these may be transferred. Don

Dometic refrig and Suburban water heater and furnace manuals specifically say that warranty is for the original purchaser. The manuals also say that proof of purchase may be required.

wildwolfproducts

Thanks everyone, guess were taking an chance on a used Landmark. Found out and will be going Friday to look it over. If its what it shows we will be hooking up and heading out with it. Sending Deposit in the am for it. I feel even if we don't get the warranty with it. We can still do good enough to buy it over a new one.
Plus anything we can find wrong with it other then the Key pad by the door will be fixed there before we leave with it.
They installed a new battery but still does not work.
Pete

wildwolfproducts

Thanks yes we will be looking into a extended warranty for sure. But will know more after Friday. Again thanks for all the answers, nice to find spots to learn more before making that plunge into something.
Pete

FordMan1966

What are you looking at? We are hooking up tomorrow night and leaving early Wednesday morning in the 2013 Grand Canyon for a trip to Myrtle Beach for 2 weeks.
David in East Tennessee

Thanks yes we will be looking into a extended warranty for sure. But will know more after Friday. Again thanks for all the answers, nice to find spots to learn more before making that plunge into something.
Pete