Uploading Graphics to a thread.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I am not sure this is the correct area to ask this question.

I am trying to upload a photo to a thread. I have done this a number of times with no problems.

There is an area where you manage graphics. I just found out that I have over 400 photos there and I can't delete any of them. A note says the photos not utilized will be deleted after one hour.

My uploaded photos are all jpg and I do know about the 781.3kb size limit. I am thinking my upload area is full and not allowing me to upload additional photos.

Any help?

BC

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Not only can't delete them, it seems we can't add any now, either. And what's with this "Activity Stream" business?? Come on guys, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

danemayer

I've been having trouble uploading pdf's for a day or two.

Is there way to have "What's New" default to "New Posts" instead of "Activity Stream"?

jbeletti

The Activity Stream is native to the latest version of the forum software and is configured by default. We will look into turning it off if possible. We are learning along with you on this. Please bear with us over the next couple of days as we all learn the new stuff.

Note that the What's New link is not at the right end anymore. We've done a lot of customizations to the forum and each time we do an upgrade, we need to redo all of our mods. Some of the mods need to be reworked to work with the latest forum software. Sometimes, we cannot recreate what we once had.

Still learning.

Also, I just tried to upload an image attachment and was not able to do so. Linuxkidd will look into this very soon.

jbeletti

Not only can't delete them, it seems we can't add any now, either. And what's with this "Activity Stream" business?? Come on guys, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Hi John - yeah, if it was just that easy :) On the Activity Stream, we're looking into disabling it. As for "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" - I hear ya but, when it comes to running a forum with commercial software, we really need to do the updates as they come out. So many of the updates are to fix broken features of fix security flaws etc. Then in some of those updates are new features or updates of existing features.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
It would be nice when you update the forum software you give us a heads up and let us know the changes that you are making.

I was beating my head against the wall trying to figure out what I was doing wrong or what had happen to my computer. I knew you were working with a new server or something but I did not know you were making a software update. What is Activity Stream?

I am not really *****ing and I don't mean to, but just asking for information and a heads up.

Thanks for the info.

BC

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I am not sure this is the correct area to ask this question.

I am trying to upload a photo to a thread. I have done this a number of times with no problems.

There is an area where you manage graphics. I just found out that I have over 400 photos there and I can't delete any of them. A note says the photos not utilized will be deleted after one hour.

My uploaded photos are all jpg and I do know about the 781.3kb size limit. I am thinking my upload area is full and not allowing me to upload additional photos.

Any help?

BC

It just struck me. The photos are tied to posts that have been made. If the photo is deleted, then it will be gone from the corresponding post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It just struck me. The photos are tied to posts that have been made. If the photo is deleted, then it will be gone from the corresponding post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then someplace there's a huge database of photos tied to the forums.

Tombstonejim

Not sure that you can not delete photos. You may have to do it by individual thread. I just deleted one from this post it works.

Attachments

• delete.jpg
    delete.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 14