Anyone Camping this Weekend?

jbeletti

Hey y'all,

Anyone camping this weekend?

Nancy and I are heading up north to Hayward, WI.

We're staying in the heart of the Chippewa Flowage at Lake Chippewa Campground.

Once I unhook the trailer, Nancy will be heading over to Mt. Iron, MN to pickup her son Mike to spend a few days camping with us.

So where are you heading this weekend and if not this weekend, where's your next planned trip to?

Happy trails!

Jim

Attachments

• 33149988888.jpg
    33149988888.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 331485000000000.jpg.jpg
    331485000000000.jpg.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 1
  • controlkit.jpg
    controlkit.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 1
  • AC (0).JPG
    AC (0).JPG
    3 MB · Views: 1
  • AC (1).JPG
    AC (1).JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
  • AC (2).JPG
    AC (2).JPG
    2 MB · Views: 1
  • AC (3).JPG
    AC (3).JPG
    645.8 KB · Views: 1
  • AC (4).JPG
    AC (4).JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • AC (5).JPG
    AC (5).JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
  • AC (6).JPG
    AC (6).JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 1
  • AC (6A).JPG
    AC (6A).JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 1
  • AC (7).JPG
    AC (7).JPG
    4 MB · Views: 1
  • AC (8).JPG
    AC (8).JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 1
  • AC (9).JPG
    AC (9).JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 1
  • AC (10).JPG
    AC (10).JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 1
  • AC (11).JPG
    AC (11).JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 1
  • AC (12).JPG
    AC (12).JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 1
  • AC (13).JPG
    AC (13).JPG
    2 MB · Views: 1
  • AC (14).JPG
    AC (14).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1

GregH

Jim,

Our weather in Houston has just changed over from Spring to Summer. We are heading out on 5/19 for a four-day weekend to New Braunfels, Texas to camp on the banks of the Guadalupe River. River rafting on Thursday pm and all-day Friday. Then Schlitterbahn (water theme park) on Saturday. Always a great time if the sun is shining!

We do have to rough-it as we will be using the Coleman pop-up while we finalize the deal on the Mount Rushmore. I have two dealers crunching numbers and should know today where I will place the order.

jbeletti

Hi Greg and Lyn,

River rafting - sounds fun! I have never been but would like to. The Schlitterbahn. sounds familiar though I have never been to New Braunfels. I think that's what they call the indoor ride at Germany (?) at Epcot. Did that!

A pop-up! Bummer. I hope summer is not seeing you with 100 degree weather then. We rented a pop-up in October 2003 for our first camping adventure. I remember that the heater ran non-stop all night due to the cold and the lack of insulation. But hey, it was the kernel that started it all for us. From that rented pop-up to a large fold-down style travel trailer to the Heartland Landmark Mt. Rushmore! We love it. Except backing it :(

Enjoy your upcoming trip and let us know how it went. With pictures! Best of luck with your Mt. Rushmore negotiations. Happy trails.

Jim

Cheryl

Germany at Epcot doesn't have a ride. Maybe you are thinking of the Maelstrom in Norway? It is an indoor boat ride. The Schlitterbahn is a whole waterpark. Never been but have seen it on the travel channel. Looks like a lot of fun - hope to go next summer. GregH - which campground do you like near it.

jbeletti

Hey Cheryl,

It was the Maelstrom Adventure Cruise at the Norway Pavillion at Epcot. My bad. Thanks,

Jim

GregH

Cheryl,

We stay at KL Ranch Camp. They have about 30 sites on the river that you have to reserve well in advance, or there are plenty of spaces up on higher ground. Schiltterbahn has been rated the #1 water theme park by the Travel Channel and is worth the rating. Hope you are able to make it next year. Let me know when your plans come together and I can recommend site numbers to reserve.

Greg

Cheryl

How far in advance? When I said next summer, I meant summer of 2006. Won't know which month until November at the earliest.

GregH

Cheryl,

I knew you were talking about summer of 2006. KL Ranch Camp reserves one year in advance and they fill it pretty quick. We normally go with a group so it is harder to get multiple sites in a row unless you book about a year in advance. Booking in November of this year for summer of 2006 will probably be OK for a spot on a river. You reserve exact sites - we like 78 - 82.

Greg

J

Jeff

Holland, Michigan Trip!

Hello Everyone:

We're heading out tomorrow to Holland, MI. Time for the Annual Tulip Festival.

www.tuliptime.com

So, if you like Tulips and Flowers, this is the place to go.

We're staying at a gorgeous campground too. Had to reserve 3 months in advance for a spot.

http://www.oakgroveresort.com/

Check out the Site Map of the park!

We'll be taking and posting A TON of Pictures, so stay tuned.

Greg and Lyn: Hope you get that new Heartland pretty soon. You'll be the envy of the Texas Campgrounds.

Everyone take care and have a great weekend.

Jeff

Cheryl

Greg,
Thanks! We would just need one site. How close to Schlitterbahn is the campground? Have you ever stayed at the Blazing Star Luxury RV Resort in San Antonio? We were considering making that our base camp and then driving to the various places we want to visit - including the Schlitterbahn park. Distance (time) wise, would you recommend "your" park for schlitterbahn and then moving to the other for San Antonio visiting?

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
fireflipper

Hi Jim
I was going through the posts and thought I read one that said yo would be at the Heartland factory on the 10 th of June. Is this correct? I am looking to being there on or about the 6 th. If your plans change let me know, I would like to meet you.
By the way we are in West Palm Beach, Florida for the next ten days. It is getting hot down here and we are looking forward to getting up north. We are full timers right now and will be this way for about another nine months.

Glenn

Tom of Ypsi

Can't camp this weekend, just came back from a seven day innagural trip today mostly by myself at the local KOA. Most everything is ok with the unit with the exception of a water leak in the washer/dryer area, the outdoor quick connect spray port in the UDC does not work properly, the shower leaks at the bottom of the door, one door is warping in the bedroom for the washer/dryer and the felt in the basement underneath the bedroom is falling down, I have a leak in the kitchen sink area (tightened everything up but still have a small leak in the gasket area under the sink) and my furnace is very noisy (I see Jim has the same problem). I will not take the unit back to the place I bought it from and I have already talked to another place (same dealer different location) and they will order parts or whatever I need and let me install anything myself so I will not need to drop off the unit. I have been home for two hours now and I am ready to go again but too many other things to do and Judy is getting upset since she has to work.

Everyone that is going out this weekend have a safe trip and hope to see all of you on the road sometime and for the rest of us just be safe so we can go out again.

Last edited:

Judy Bentley

Seakayaker
First Time Camping Next Weekend!

We are going to St. Joseph Peninsula State Park near Cape San Blas in the western panhandle of Florida next weekend for our initial outing in the new Grand Canyon. We can't wait! We already have reservations for weekends in June and July at two other top notch state parks in the same area: Grayton Beach, FL and Topsail Hill, FL. Now, if we can just figure out how everything works, we'll be doing good!!!None

jbeletti

Reply to Glenn & Tom

Glenn,

Lucky you in FL! Wish I were too. I won't be in the Elkhart area any sooner than 6/10. We're staying in the trailer on the 9th at our seasonal site in Marengo, IL, then heading out early the next morning so we can give the factory a good half day to look at this and that. So i'll miss you that trip, but Jeff and I are tossing around ideas for a possible Heartland Rally for 2006. We may be posting a few polls this summer to get some input from the group on it.

Tom,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having. Those go beyond the typical "fit-and-finish" type items. On your washer leak, I may know why. It's a tough job to check and you may just want to wait or the dealer to handle it, but when we tested my W/D out at the dealership during PDI, it leaked too. While the fix was simple, the execution took us a couple hours. The hoses that come with the Splendide W/D are polarized if you will. Meaning that it does matter which end connects at the washer and which connects at the faucet. Switched end-for-end and they will leak at the faucet end like mad. The dealer's tech, Jeff and I spent tremendous time and effort, delicately removing the W/D from it's space, replumbing it, reinstalling it and the doors, retesting and cleaning up. Worked perfectly thereafter.

I hope all your woes are taken care of at the dealer as you have planned. Please let us all know how it comes out and who your dealer is.

Thanks guys,

Jim