How to stay fit if your over fifty

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
HOW TO STAY FIT IF YOUR OVER FIFTY!
Just came across this exercise program suggested for older adults, to build muscle strength in the arms and shoulders. It seemed so easy, I thought I'd pass it on to some friends. The article suggested doing it three days a week ..Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room on each side. With a 5-lb potato sack in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, and then relax. Each day, you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer. After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb sacks. Then try 50-lb potato sacks and then eventually try to get where you can lift a 100-lb potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute. ( I'm at this level). After you feel confident at this level, start over and put a potato in each of the sacks.

Ken

Last edited:

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Potato sacks.....

Very interesting way to keep fit ! We'll start this morning.....

Thanks for the humor......

Tom & Sharol

Forrest Fetherolf

katken,

I have tried your exercise method, I started out with McDonald's regular size french fries and the next day moved up to super size. I haven't noticed any more strength, my mouth does water more waiting one whole minute, and the fries are usually cold by then. :D :D :D

Forrest

ChopperBill

Thanks for the exercise tip but I have found that 12 oz. curls work great for me. You should see how I am bulking up!

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
ChopperBill said:
Thanks for the exercise tip but I have found that 12 oz. curls work great for me. You should see how I am bulking up!
Do you use both hands?