Help! Did facebook take over our owners forum?

Wharton

What are you talking about? I don't see anything referencing Facebook. I do have a little icon on the lower right that when I point to it says "start chatting". Have no idea what that is.

jnbhobe

I see they changed some things around. Just made it harder to find your way around. Less tabs at the top of the page and (whats new) don't get you where you want to be.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I've noticed a couple subtle changes too but it doesn't affect the way I navigate the Forum. After I sign on, I always just go directly to "New Posts". I'm sure LK or Jim B will let us know what's going on.

linuxkidd

Hello All,
As you noticed, the latest forum software update added an 'Activity Stream' view which had been the default view for the 'What's New' tab. This has been reverted to the original 'New Posts' search for the default of the 'What's New' tab. Note too that if you *want* the 'Activity Stream' it is linked under the 'What's New' sub-menu.

-- Also, there should be about the same # of tabs at the top... just may be in a different order now.. Let me know if something is missing.

Hope this helps...
LK

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I used to always go to What's New .. now I will have to use New Posts. Just else to get used to. Makes life interesting.

jbeletti

Jim,

What's New and still there on the Navigation Bar.

And as of this morning, clicking it gives you what's new and not the Activity Stream.

I think we're good here again :) Hope so.

porthole

Retired
Whew, for a minute there I thought the forum was going to Facebook - and I would lose all my info here!

rick_debbie_gallant

Did not mean to be an alarmist, when I first looked at the new top bar and menu I could not figure out where I was or how to get to where I wanted to go. Now that I have figered it out I am okay, for now. I guess change is hard to take some times. Going from a party line to a single line was even hard to get used to.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Ouch, I can remember having a "party line." I remember the days before area codes when our exchange was PRescott, which morphed into 77x-xxxx.

But, as far as Facebook, I don't go there very often. Too much junk and too much trying to get into my personal address book and info. If you want computer cooties, go to FB.