ATF: Big Country - Heater Vent Hoses

On my BC 3285 I found my basement floor wet. I removed the panels in the basement to check the water hoses to make sure they were not leaking. I found some interesting things in the basement. Wanted to pass this information on. I did find a hole in the metal frame (2 1/2" X 2 1/2") . It looked like a plate should be over the hole. I made a plate to cover the hole and sealed it. The water was going in the hole when I washed the vehicle. The hole was located above the frame underneath on the left side of the basement. I also found kind of a mess in the heater area. I found all of the vent hoses with excessive amounts of hose. One hose was curled up like a snake, I found one hose that should have been routed through a hole but it was being crushed closed between the heater and a wall. There was a huge amount of saw dust that should have been cleaned up before they buttoned up the basement. On the positive side it does look like the trailer is constructed very well.

Jim Bonhote

2009 BC 3285
2006 F350 FX4 Lariat Crew Cab

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Jim, this has been noted and reported numerous times. The factory has made improvements since your trailer was new if that is any consolation.

Enjoy your Big Country. There is an active California Chapter of the Heartand Owners club; try to attend one of their rallies.

brlr2000

I'm trying to figure out how to remove the basement wall panel(s). I'm assuming there are screws, but they must be buried in the carpeted walls. Does anyone have any ideas?

GOTTOYS

I'm trying to figure out how to remove the basement wall panel(s). I'm assuming there are screws, but they must be buried in the carpeted walls. Does anyone have any ideas?
Start by taking out the 3 screws located along the inside left corner of the plastic box all the valves and water connections are in. They hold the edge of the carpeted panel behind it in place. I've just left mine out and move the panel to gain access to the "workings"....Don

jimtoo

Yep,,, they are buried in the cover. A good light and good eyes,,, also a good strong magnet pickup tool moved slowly up and down the edge will help also. And the panel behind the UDC will have 3 or 4 screws in from back corner of UDC.
Jim M

brlr2000

That sounds like a good approach. How about the panel on the street-side of the RV? Are the screws hidden in the carpet fabric as well?

jimtoo

Yes, they are all in the dark fabric except the 3--4 in the UDC. One of the Neodymium super magnets works really good. They will latch onto a screw or nail head easy.