Sliding pantry shelves?

srgt30

On our 3800 there are some narrow and tall cabinets to the right of the fridge. My wife would like to add some sliding shelves to them to make them more useful but didnt have much luck at the hardware store finding something to fit. Wondering what everybody else is using in this space.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Do a little snooping around Amazon. I found this so far but you'll need to get your dimensions before ordering anything. Our Bighorn has a Knap & Vogt pull out pantry and through Amazon I was able to find something to fit our pantry at home. Amazon was the least $$$.

TwoGypsies

GPSHemi made his own. He sent me some info a while back, but I haven't tackled making mine yet. It seems that the less I have to do the busier I am. Maybe he'll chime in. In the meantime I'll hang a photo or two on the web and come back with another post.

BBinNC

My husband and I just bought a Cyclone 3712 and I was wanting to put in pantry shelves. I signed in a few minutes ago to ask other owners if they had a solution and BAM - here was my answer. I clicked on the link to site listed and I see what this person has built. Does he have an email address that I can send him a request for the pattern???

BBinNC

GPSHemi made his own. He sent me some info a while back, but I haven't tackled making mine yet. It seems that the less I have to do the busier I am. Maybe he'll chime in. In the meantime I'll hang a photo or two on the web and come back with another post.

I sent a note to GPSHemi and he says he did not build any pantry shelves. Can you check your info and see who did make the shelves. I would like to contact them and get some info on building shelves for my Cyclone 3712. Thanks

BBinNC

Thanks. Your name was given as the person who made the shelves. I've gone back to the original post and asked them to check again to see who did make the shelves.

sdrubrecht

Ray is right about Knap and Vogt, they have lots of options. For something more custom, try a small cabinet shop. They should be able to knock something out in several hours work. To do it yourself is not beyond the skills of a decent handyman/craftsman. I did these for my Clone. Couldn'd find the right size pre-made and I had the time and materials.

Attachments

• clone stuff 1 019e.jpg
    clone stuff 1 019e.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 253
  • clone stuff 1 020e.jpg
    clone stuff 1 020e.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 248

TwoGypsies

Well that's embarrassing! My apologies to you and also GPSHemi. We're packing to move this morning so I need to cut short my search. If you will send me an e-mail to marrickoh@gmail.com I will forward the Adobe doc to you. It's got photos & description and will be helpful. We'll be on the move for another 3 days or so but I'll get it to you and also see if I can find out who to credit it to.

TwoGypsies

From my limited records and even more limited memory, the sliding pantry shelf design & construction was done by TMax. He's the one that sent me the details that I've now forwarded to the OP.
I'm about ready to hide my own Easter eggs.....

porthole

Retired
Ray is right about Knap and Vogt, they have lots of options. For something more custom, try a small cabinet shop. They should be able to knock something out in several hours work. To do it yourself is not beyond the skills of a decent handyman/craftsman. I did these for my Clone. Couldn'd find the right size pre-made and I had the time and materials.

Steve, did you use pocket screws to attache the door panel to the shelves?

sdrubrecht

Duane, yes, I also used the pocket screws to build the shelve framework. All the fasteners are out of sight and it is quite strong. Home Depot and Woodcraft sell the Kreg kits to easily drill and make the joints. They have several different kits, some quite advanced and expensive. I bought the 'starter' kit several years ago, seems like it was less than $50. I keep finding new uses for it.

jayandhisgals

I love this ideia. Thanks for posting. Now I know what we need to do to solve our Cyclone storage issue. Very smart to move the doors like that!