GILLETTE WEATHER - Will it be nice?

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jim, The weather looks good.

We are heading out of Kanab, Ut tomorrow, to motor towards Gillette.

It's a little windy here right now. Fortunately it looks like a tailwind. :) Trace

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have been driving into the wind for two days now.
Weather in Souix Falls, SD is beautiful, 85°.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
It's 80 in Custer SD but been cold at night. See y'all on Thursday!

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Whoops. Just looked at NOAA from where we are in southern Utah, to Salt Lake City.
They are predicting up to 65 MPH winds the whole way, tomorrow and tomorrow night.

If that is the case, I may have to leave Wednesday. Darn it. Trace

UPDATE 6-5-12. Wind lowered to 55mph. I may go for it.

Last edited:

olcoon

Weather in Souix Falls, SD is beautiful, 85°.

Dave,
We were in Sioux Falls last night, had beautiful weather stayed at Tower CG. Too late now, but if you'll be there tomorrow night go to the falls, they had a pretty nice light show, & a talk about Lewis & Clark, and some of the history of the town. We are in Deadwood, leaving Thur. am for Gillette. Weather here is great also, cooled off & nice breeze so no AC!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We are in Lusk Wyo at BJ's Campground. When we were driving to Cabela's in Sidney NE the wind was so strong that I had to slow down to about 40mph. Going up some of the inclines on I-80 and into the wind my truck hardly got into 5th gear overdrive and had to down shift as far as 4th gear. I saw a couple of MH's stopped along the shoulder. Talked to one at Cabela's and they had lost an awning.

When we left Sidney NE to Lusk the wind was almost as hard. Sitting here in the campground all day yesterday and today the wind was shaking the trailer quite severely. We will be leaving for Gillette on Monday and hope the wind is gone by then.

BC

BTW JB.. Saw your temp and wind post on FB. Same here.. I like the way you showed the photo.

jbeletti

BTW JB.. Saw your temp and wind post on FB. Same here.. I like the way you showed the photo.

Bob, that was a screen capture from the iPhone of the native Weather app. Do a screen capture on your iPhone or iPad as follows:
- Press and hold the power button and tap the Home button
- Release both
Picture is saved in your Photos app.

TwoGypsies

97f when approaching Oklahoma City last night; and saw 101f while getting through Dallas. Wouldn't mind it being a bit cooler when we get to Gillette.

rjr6150

We are in Lusk Wyo at BJ's Campground. When we were driving to Cabela's in Sidney NE the wind was so strong that I had to slow down to about 40mph. Going up some of the inclines on I-80 and into the wind my truck hardly got into 5th gear overdrive and had to down shift as far as 4th gear. I saw a couple of MH's stopped along the shoulder. Talked to one at Cabela's and they had lost an awning.

When we left Sidney NE to Lusk the wind was almost as hard. Sitting here in the campground all day yesterday and today the wind was shaking the trailer quite severely. We will be leaving for Gillette on Monday and hope the wind is gone by then.

BC

Hey Bob I'll wave as we go by on Sunday see you in Gillette.