Central Vacuum location in a Country Ridge

I've looked through the forum, and haven't seen an answer. Does anyone know where a central vacuum system would normally be mounted on a Country Ridge FLSS? I ordered a Dirt Devil unit, and wondered where others have mounted it where you have fairly easy access to electric. Plus, the kit comes with a dust pan attachment as well so somewhere non-carpeted would seem logical. Thanks for any ideas anyone has on this.

danemayer

On the larger 5th wheels, the vacuum is mounted behind the basement wall, with the removable cover protruding slightly into the basement so the bags can be changed easily. There's an outlet behind the basement wall that the vacuum plugs into. There's also an outlet for the power converter. I don't remember off the top of my head whether they share 1 outlet or if there are two.

Since the Country Ridge doesn't seem to have a drop frame, or stairs, it's not clear what type of basement you might have, but I'd start there.

On the larger 5th wheels, the vacuum is mounted behind the basement wall, with the removable cover protruding slightly into the basement so the bags can be changed easily. There's an outlet behind the basement wall that the vacuum plugs into. There's also an outlet for the power converter. I don't remember off the top of my head whether they share 1 outlet or if there are two.

Since the Country Ridge doesn't seem to have a drop frame, or stairs, it's not clear what type of basement you might have, but I'd start there.

Actually, no basement at all. That's where the problem sets in. The power (and inverter) are located in the bedroom under the wardrobe. I'm thinking inside one of the kitchen cabinets, but where to get power? I was hoping that someone with one of these (or someone from the factory) might share where they install them. Thanks for the information.

Scott

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I guess since you've already ordered the Dirt Devil it may be too late but... You would be money ahead to go to Walmart and buy a $55 Hoover Nano cylonic. They are great little lightweight vacs that do an awesome job. They actually work better than our Dyson DC14 animal that I recently sold on Craigslist. We now have two Nano's. One in the trailer and one at home.

CactusTwo

True enough Ray, no hose and tools to store, the dirt devil should be exhausted to the outside or into the basement at the least, I do use the dustpan outlet but we have a big unit and spare storage up in the main bedroom closet as well as a vac stick like Ray's